11: Draco Loves The English

Catherine was in need of fresh air moments later. Draco had escorted her out and was waiting by the door when she took a seat on a fountain.

She brought her eyes to him. "We just had a talk about loosening up. Join me."

Draco didn't say anything back, his legs strode toward her instead. He sat next to her. "I suppose I can be a friend tonight."

"I haven't thanked you for doing this. I know all about your role in the Task Force. If I were you, I'd complain about having to babysit a girl."

Here comes the compliments.

He was excited to hear it from her. For some reasons.

Maybe because she had this
aura—ethereal beauty on her. She was pure, and kind. And it was sexy.

Anyways.

"Oh? Do you now? Do tell." he smirked.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "And I meant it when I say loosening up. Why aren't you inside talking and meeting some witches to court?"

He almost rolled his own eyes. "I'd rather be here than to talk and meet some witches to court. Honestly, I'd rather be at home sleeping with the Silencing charm on. I've had enough talks with my mother's goals on me marrying some lady."

She turned her seating position to face him. "Why? Don't you want to be married someday?"

"I do. But I don't want it if it's not real."

She stared at him, they had never been this close in proximity and for some reason, he started to feel anxious. He started to arranged his next words properly, but she spoke first.

"I don't intend to marry Prince Harry. I don't love him. But Balemont alliances with the English would bring benefits to both parties. The English need protection, Balemont need me to be Queen."

"Perhaps we aren't too different after all."

"Perhaps you are correct, Draco." she said. "Love is a privillege that you and I don't have."

The night wind blew on her long brown hair. A faint smell of something floral filled his nostrils.

"So, when the time comes, and I was at the altar with some witch, please do make a scene." he said jokingly. Marrying some witch whom had zero knowledge in almost anything gave him goosebumps.

"I'll take you up on that offer." she returned the gesture.

The two returned inside, where most of the attendees where halfway drunk into their mediocore liquors.

When suddenly, a woman was choking.

Probably Potter's terrible taste in Whisky.

But the woman kept choking, gasping for air. She collapsed to the floor, white foamed started to ooze from her mouth.

This was no terrible taste in Whisky. It was an attempt at murder.

His hand clasped on Catherine's wrist too quickly, he stood in front of her.

"Draco—"

"You have been seen. You must vacate the premises immediately."

Pansy joined the two, her face was in horror as she approached.

"There's a mole. I think the Imperius curse was used."

"Take the Princess with you." said Draco.

"Understood." said Pansy. She took the Princess and started to walk away.

Suddenly, the collapsed woman woke. Her eyes were shining green, dull and empty.