Chapter 8

We pulled up at the driveway of Bonnie's house. This is it; this could go two completely different ways. I was nervous the whole way there. How would she react? Oh God, please don't hate me. I took a deep breath, got out of the car and walked into the house, after Bonnie. Okay, just relax, it'll be okay. She'll be fine with it... I hope.

"So, Care, what's up?" She asked, giving me a cup of tea.

"Okay, well, after the whole Tyler incident, I spoke to someone who comforted me, and well, things have been building up ever since.” She looked confused. “Look, what I'm trying to say is, I think I'm falling in love with someone, but I just can't bring myself to admit it." I looked at Bonnie. She tilted her head, gasped, and started talking.

"Oh my God. I knew it."

"You did?"

"Yeah, well, it was getting a little obvious, but I didn't want to say anything. You know what? Good for you! Stefan sure does need someone, seeing as Elena's with Damon now."

"Wait, what? No, I'm not falling in love with Stefan! And he's with Rebekah now, anyway."

"You're not?" She asked.

"No, no, I'm not. There's someone else."

"Oh God, it's Damon, isn't it?"

"No! Look, you're really not helping. I'm in falling for the enemy, I'm really, really scared and I need someone to help me!"

"Okay, calm down. I was just joking, I mean, clearly it's not funny, but," Now I was confused.

"Okay, what?" I questioned. Bonnie put her hand on my lap and sighed.

"Look, Caroline. I know it's Klaus." My heart skipped a beat when I heard his name. "It's okay. Look, all I'm going to say is, around you, he seems to be getting better. You’re presence distracts him from evil. You're good for him, so go for it, girl! Forget about what anyone else would think, be with him! Love is love."

"But, he's a murderer." I stated.

"I know, but you can help him. I know you can, Care!"

"Don't you think this is too rushed? I mean I didn't like him until yesterday morning. And then I had a dream about him last night─"

"Wait." Bonnie interrupted. "You had a dream about him?" I nodded. "Well, what was it about?"

"Um, he, um. Well, um, he─" Bonnie gasped.

"Oh my God! He kissed you!" She screamed, excitedly. "Okay, now you HAVE to be with him! Oh Come on, Care. It's not just that you make him a person, he makes you think about what love really means. Someone like that is a keeper, no matter what they've done."

"I don't know, Bonnie."

"Just tell him, and then he can kiss you for real!" I threw a pillow at her as we both laughed.

"Okay, fine. I will, I will."

"Good."

"Thank you, Bonnie. I was worried about how you'd react. Thank you for making this easy on me." Bonnie smiled and mouthed 'you're welcome' as I laughed again. "So, how do I go about doing this?" I asked. Bonnie grabbed my hand and ran out the door with me.

"It's simple, you tell him everything you just told me, tell him how you feel. Come on! What are you waiting for?" We ran away, to Klaus' house. This was happening; I was going to tell Klaus how I really felt.

Thank you! :)