First Bounty

Derek kept a firm hold of Kenny as they made their way down the tunnel leading to the slums. It felt like going down a metal storm drain that was barely lit by a few lights hanging from the ceiling. Pipes stretched across the ceiling of the tunnel this way and that. As they made their way through the tunnel, they saw a few people sitting in what looked like small makeshift huts built into the tunnel walls. They didn't seem to be able to afford to live on the surface, as evident by their torn and dirty clothes, cobbled together homes, etc. One female alien resembling a red Cuttlefish was playing cards with a skinny yellow man with his mouth over his eyes. One green guy with eye stalks even seemed to have a broken leg. And we don't just mean it was broken and hanging limp. It was broken clean off. In two pieces. It was pretty morbid. And yet he didn't seem to be in pain.

Derek thought, 'maybe his species doesn't feel any pain?'

They soon made it to the end of the tunnel, where the metal walls changed to rickety old wood, a small shop of some kind, and cobbled together fixtures. A light purple man with the three arms, a fourth one seemingly missing, and three eyes was organizing a shelf of bottles and cans he must've been selling.

An alien that looked to be a kid ran out in front of them. He had pale yellow skin, one eye, wearing a gray jersey, blue pants and pink shoes.

He said in a very annoying voice, “well, well. Look what we got here! Fresh meat! Hey there, fresh meat! Welcome to the slums, fresh meat! Hehehe."

Kenny said, "oh, boy. Here we go. Fucking kid."

The annoying kid said, "what's wrong, fresh meat!? You scared of a little kid? Oh yeah I'm a little kid, look at me, I'm scary!"

Derek rolled his eyes and said, "I've seen moles on my Grandma's back that looked more frightening than you. Now move out of the way, kid."

The annoying kid said, "come on, let's see what you got, fresh meat! If you can't handle me, how are you going to handle 9-Torg's goons?"

Derek rolled his eyes and walked past the kid as he chased after him. He was too old to be arguing with what he presumed was a child.

The annoying kid said, "that suit looks dumb. You look like a fuckin'.... Dumb idiot. Does that make you mad?"

Derek groaned, "shut up, I'm busy."

Suddenly, two floating drones of some kind appeared behind a gate in front of Derek.

They said, "attention! Blim City Citizen! You are wearing an unregistered bounty suit."

Derek groaned, "shit! Dammit Gene!"

The drones started shooting at him! But the blasts that hit him didn't seem to have an effect yet. He noticed the yellow bar on his visor starting to decrease.

Derek thought, 'so this shield can protect me from shots. Good to know.'

With all this knowledge, Derek quickly shot the drones down with Kenny as the annoying kid kept trying to get on his nerves. Derek swore if this kid were a G3 goon and not a child, he'd drop kick him into a creak.

The annoying kid prattled on after the drones were shot down, "oh, am I supposed to be impressed? You shot all the drones? I could have done that with my eye closed. Fuck you, fresh meat! You suck!"