It Begins

Today was a particularly terrible day for Ace Trappola. Of course, he had faced worse things, such as the overblotting of students, almost dying on multiple occasions, and having to sleep through the snoring of Grim. Though, despite these far worse days, today would take the cake of bad days for Ace Trappola. Firstly, during Trein's class, he was given a test he obviously didn't study for and failed miserably. Secondly, during gym class, he fell off his broom an embarrassing amount of times, which resulted in a lecture from Vargas. Thirdly, he tripped on Ruggie's shoe and fell, leaving a mess of food covering his person. And even after all these events, the skies blessed him with thunder and rain by the time he made it back to the Heartslabyul dorm. Truly, it was a terrible series of events. The silver lining? The perfect atmosphere for a horror movie.

Ace was lying on his stomach with Deuce sitting crisscross next to him with a pillow on his lap. The pitter patter of rain tapped lightly on the windows, and the occasional flash of lighting colored the pairs' faces every five minutes or so. Unbothered by the world outside, Ace took some food from the stash readily available next to him and happily munched without a care in the world. These treats were snuck into the room by the two for a special occasion, each putting their hard work into the gathering of delicious treats.
Ace was munching and crunching on the treats, and Deuce's hands were currently in a battle with Ace's hands, who had at the very least touched the thing. With every nudge, Ace smacked Deuce's hands to the point that they were starting to get noticeably red.

"Stop being stingy, Ace! I worked hard for that tart... at least let me have a bite!"

And with one final swoosh and a sting that hurt like hell, Deuce dropped his arms and gave up, a "tch" sound following. Deuce decided to ignore his stomach's cries for food and continued to watch the movie. The two were watching a movie that was getting quite popular over Magicam, named "Crazy In Love!" It told the tale of Cupid who had gone haywire with arrows that made those it landed on crazy for whoever they first saw. The light shined on both of the pairs' faces as they squinted to see the pictures projected.

"Don't you want to be together forever?"

"It's impossible for me to love you if you're this crazy for me!"

"If that's what you truly think, then no one will have you!"

Suddenly, the female lead grabbed a stake and stabbed the man in the heart. The man backed up onto a wall before mouthing inaudible words. The woman, shocked, covered her mouth while laying her head on top of the man she killed. The screen faded to black, and on it, the faces of the two were reflected back onto them.

"..."

"..."

"...That was not worth this much effort, Deuce."

Ace sighed as he reached over to grab his phone and turned it off. Deuce, still a bit dazed, looked at Ace.

"You think so? I thought it could be really terrifying if it really happened. I mean, if anyone was that in love with me, I'd jump into a river."

Ace snickered, "Well, that won't be a problem for you." He said while putting his phone away, "There's no girl out there who would be crazy for Deuce Spade."

"..."

Deuce's actions spoke for him as he threw a pillow at Ace's face.

"Seriously?" Ace scoffed, catching the pillow "That's what makes you mad?" Ace started to laugh nonstop, which resulted in more smacks from Deuce, each hitting harder than the last. The two started hitting each other with pillows, laughing as they fought to see who could hit the hardest.

After a while, they settled down and sat on the bed in silence. Deuce started to rub his eye, then he stretched his arms and rubbed both eyes. Clearly, he was tired, so Ace sighed.

"Anyways," Ace said, breaking the silence. "We should probably go to sleep now. Riddle's gonna explode if he knew we woke up late because of a crappy movie."

Deuce nodded and started to get up. As he did, he looked over to Ace's side and noticed the stash wasn't completely empty. There was a singular tart left, a sweet strawberry to top it. While Ace wasn't looking, he reached his hand toward it, but before he could get a hold of it, Ace snatched the tart and ate it in one go.

"..."

"..."

"...I'm going to bed." Deuce said before dragging his feet to his bed, his stomach rumbling even louder than before.

"Goodnight." Ace said teasingly before drowning himself in blankets satisfied.

Today was a terrible day for Ace Trappola. He failed Trein's exam, fell off his broom during gym class, tripped and was covered in his lunch, and to top it all off, he stayed up late watching a bad horror movie while finishing a stash that could've gone to good use. Well, hopefully tomorrow would be a better day for Ace. Maybe it'll even be a good day. And with those final wishes, Ace drifted off into a deep and pleasant slumber.