{HAYDEN'S POV}

Me and Cam got inside his car and drove to an ice cream place down the street.

Once we got there, I tried to open my door when Cam quickly got out and closed my door. I was confused until he opened my door for me and bowed.

I stepped out and rolled my eyes playfully at him. He stood up straight and held onto my hand. We started walking into to shop when I spotted someone I really didn't want to see.

I froze and stared blankly through the window of the shop. Cam looked back at me,

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, stepping in front of me. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah, just uhm" I stuttered and pointed at my toxic ex. Cam looked at where I was pointing and looked kinda mad.

"Do you still wanna go? We can go somewhe-" I cut him off.

"It's fine, let's just try and not start anything" I said and held onto his hand again.

He sighed and continued walking. He held my hand tighter when we entered the ice cream place.

My ex was sitting down, eating his ice cream so I didn't think we would run into him. We waited in line, I felt Cam squeeze my hand to get my attention.

"What's u-" I cut myself off when I saw my ex walking towards us.

"Just ignore him, okay?" I whispered in his ear and gave him a reassuring smile. He nodded his head and we went up to order.

We ordered our ice cream and stood off to the side when my ex came over to us.

"Hey hayden! Long time no see" my ex, Shea, smirked. He was the person I dated to get my mind off Cam.

I just scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Oh, and I see you and Cam did end up together. Hey man!" Shea held his hand up for a high five but Cam ignored him.

I could tell by the way Cam clenched his other fist, his patience was running low. I squeezed his hand and he looked at me. I nodded my head no, to tell him to not start anything.

"Oh, c'mon. Come here" Shea said and tried to hug me. Cam stuck his arm out to block him and gave Shea the death stare.

If looks could kill, Shea would be dead by now. Cam's death stare is the deadliest.

"Don't" Cam said, his voice full of anger. Shea kind of backed off but was still staring at me. I started to get uncomfortable and Cam could tell.

He put his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. He was still staring down Shea until he eventually left the store.

I could feel Cam relax once he left. We got our ice cream soon after and walked back to his car.

We just sat in his car, eating our ice cream, talking, and laughing until we got finished. Then, he drove us home and we hung out with Evan until we all went to sleep.

{AUTHOR'S NOTE}

heyyyyyyy, ik I haven't updated in a while but I think ima end this story. Lmk if I should or not in the comments. I can do another cam story but just not this one. Anyways, lmk!!! Love ya🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤