72

Chapter 72 Something big is going to happen

"Xiao Ke, do you feel that the weather is not right?"

Judging from the time, it was already 10:30 in the evening when dozens of people got off the plane. Generally, the sun would set at this time no matter how late it was, and rise early the next day.

Why does it seem different today...

"It feels like something big is going to happen."

Until twelve o'clock in the evening, the sun still showed no intention of setting. People were talking about it one after another. The base knew that it could not hide it and could not hide it.

As the radio above the base sounded, a reminder before disaster struck.

The content of the broadcast is to tell everyone that an extreme heat disaster is about to occur, so that residents can prepare for extreme heat.

People heard this with despair.

"The base is with everyone, and the country will not give up on everyone. Please believe in the country and the base, and we will eventually overcome all disasters."

This sentence was replayed several times above the base, telling people every word that our family and country are together.

That night, people set up tents overnight under the organization of the base.

The tents are connected one to another, leaving only an aisle for one person to walk.

The good thing is that the tent is big enough, and if you squeeze in a little bit, you can hide in it to escape the heat.

No one complained.

Xiaoke and others brought back a lot of water and medicine from this trip, which gave people hope in the end of the world.

How long can such hope last?

That night, the residents all had a bite of hot food. One bite per person was the maximum that the base could achieve.

The elderly and children are the least important in the last days. The candied haws brought back by Xiao Ke are distributed equally to each child, one string per person.

The original plan was to only distribute the candied haws to children under the age of eight, but the candied haws brought back were endless, so the age limit was lowered a bit.

The children took the assigned candied haws and ate them in small bites, just like they were celebrating the New Year.

"Mom, you can eat this sweet one too." The child didn't know what sweet things were. She was lucky enough to get a bunch of three-color candied haws, and she only bit off the sugar wrapped around them in one bite.

The child was so young that she didn't even remember what the fruit was. Her mother coaxed her in a low voice: "The ones on top are hawthorns, the ones in the middle are strawberries, and the ones below are grapes. The baby needs to remember."

"Mom, you know a lot of things."

The child's mother's eyes were red. These are things that can be seen every day before the end of the world. If you want to order a takeaway, you can have it delivered.

"In the future, mothers will introduce their babies to more things, and the babies will eat them by themselves. If they remember the taste, they will know what they are eating next time."

No one thought that this meal would be the last preparation before everyone faced the extreme heat.

With that morsel of food, the people united and spontaneously put up insulated tents.