Genin Days (3): The Bell Test

The team met their sensei on top of some random roof in Konoha. Sarah sat down in between Naruto and Sasuke so that the duo wouldn't do something stupid. It was their first day as a Genin team and things were already going to shit, although that seems to be the story of her life.

     Sarah looked up at the man with a bored expression on her face. This guy is an asshole, ten times worser than Sasuke Uchiha. She would sock this man in the face if she could, although getting arrested and spending time in prison just doesn't seem appealing to her. Maybe during training she could...yes, that would be the plan.

     "First, let's have you guys introduce yourselves."

     Sarah's head shot up. What exactly was this man planning?

     "Why don't you introduce yourself first," Naruto said as he crossed his arms.

     "Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. I don't feel like telling you guys about my likes and dislikes. I never really thought about my future dreams. As for my hobbies, I have many...." Kakashi said as he looked over at the trio, "Now it's your turn."

     "My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I like ramen and hanging out with Sarah-chan. My dislikes is the three minute timer after pouring hot water into the instant ramen. My hobby is eating ramen and trying out different flavors and comparing them to each other. I also like to prank people. My future dream is to become the Hokage and get the entire village to acknowledge my existence," Naruto responded in a determined tone.

     Sarah rolled her eyes as Kakashi motioned for her to go next, "My name is Sarah, no last name. I like to hang out with Naruto and read books on medical ninjutsu and sealing. My dislikes are ignorant assholes who think they're all that just because they were born lucky."

     She would give Sasuke a death glare from the corner of her eye.

     "My hobbies is er....none of your damn business and my dream is to become strong enough to protect those I love."

     She wasn't about to admit what exactly she did during her free time. Her teammates and Sensei would look at her weirdly if they knew about it...

.

.

.

     Sarah was around eleven when she decided to steal a book from the library. Shinobi Conditioning...

     Shinobi Conditioning takes many shapes and forms. The most important conditioning is on killing.

     The first kill is extremely important and usually deemed the rite of passage for many shinobi families. Dated back in the Warring States, the average age for first kills was four to six.

     If one can not handle killing, they do not belong to the ranks. Kill or get killed. Many Academy freshers drop out due to their psychological break and PTSD after their first. Some even retire early beforehand because of stress and the fear barrier.

     People argue that their first kill was always unprepared and least expected while the next five kills were unprecedentedly easy. The breakdown between the first and second kill was almost instantaneous if the shinobi was fully conscious, as covered in elementary Academy conditionings. See: early-life conditioning, pg.29

     Self-conditioning was valued in the fields, especially when training was unavailable. Some popular methods include comparative imagery, command-force autopilot/blackout and ethical manipulation.

     In comparative imagery, one where not many could achieve, uses the shinobi's ability to visualise and metaphorize their actions, (i.e. beheading someone could be compared to cutting off a butter cube while baking; certain kata movements could be interpreted as acting in a film or performance. This method helps ease the mind and draw it to more satisfying imaging in the mind, distracting itself from the task at hand.