Chapter 19

~Nick's POV~

Did I seriously just say that I loved Katie? What the hell?

A better question would be do I mean it? Most people would probably think that I hadn't known Katie for very long, but for some odd reason, I felt like we had grown up together. It felt like one of those storybook feelings, when you can't live without the other person.

Katie looked at me as if i had gone nuts. I don't blame her. The guy she thought of as the enemy who used her just said he loved her. I would be confused too.

Her eyes suddenly cleared up. Before I could try to read her, she leaned in an kissed me. And it wasn't just a soft kiss. It was a full on make out session. What the hell is with this girl? What is she thinking? Doesn't she know what I'm capable of?

It doesn't matter, I liked it. I wound my hands up to Katie's wavy hair. She moaned softly as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I nipped at her swollen lips swiftly. I felt her smile against my face as she took my bottom lip in hers and lightly tugged at it.

I left her lips and made a line of kisses down to her jawline, searching for her soft spot. I lightly kissed the crook of Katie's neck and she softly moaned. Found it. I smirked as I went to work.

~Katie's POV~

Nick sucked harshly at my neck. It felt amazing. I had never been given a hickey before, I never really wanted one. They were unsightly and weird to me. Now I know what I was missing out on.

As he sucked, I thought about my actions. Why did I even kiss him? Was it to shut him up before he felt like absurdly proposing, or because I actually still cared about him, after all the shit he pulled on me? My thoughts were tangled; deciphering them was impossible. I would work on it when I had more time.

Soon, Nick pulled away. He gently licked the sensitive area on my neck before returning to my face.

His lips floated around mine, less than an inch away, teasing me. I looked into his eyes and saw them glazed with worry.

"Katie, we need to talk." He whispered, making a good distance between our faces. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them, feeling more comfortable.

"Are you sure you don't want to kick me out? Do you realize what you're getting yourself into?" He shut his eyes tightly and grimaced, as if the words hurt him to say.

I thought about what he said for a while. It was true, I could easily get hurt in the process. But then, something about him told me he had learned his lesson, that he needed me. I did a mental pro and con list. I could see that my long thoughtfulness was wearing on Nick's patience, for he was twitching and fiddling with the duvet of my bed.

"I dunno, Nick. You're gonna have to leave. I would suggest you go to Iceland. The government would never find you there." I joked slyly. I looked up at his face and noticed he didn't see the playful prod. His eyes were wide and his face was pale, he obviously didn't see my answer coming. I couldn't hold back any longer, I erupted into laughter. I slapped my hand across my mouth and fell over, still grasping my knees tightly.

I witnessed the expression on Nick's face register my joke as it changed from hurt to a large cheeky grin that threatened to spilt his face in two.

"Your-your face!!! It was-it was priceless!!" I gasped out in between bursts of laughter.

"Well, somebody must be on their period. Your moods are swinging like a teenage girl! One second your sad, mad, then laughing like a hyena! I'll never get women." He sighed playfully, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear as I continuously laughed.

It took me at least five minutes to get myself under control so we could speak seriously again.

"But really, what's your decision. I'm fine with leaving, it would be totally justifiable and understandable." He cautioned slowly, his blue eyes never leaving my face.

"I think i made the right decision having you stay here in the first place. I have decided to go with it. Anyways, to have a rainbow, you gotta have a little rain." I looked down at my feet. I could feel the happiness vibrating off of Nicholas, his cheeky grin plastered across his face. I refused to look up an witness it. I questioned myself, had I made the right decision?

Only time would tell.

___________

What do you guys think? Right decision? Wrong decision? Should she go psycho an kill him on the spot? I dunno :)

Keep commenting, liking, and following. It makes me happy happy happy (duck dynasty reference :O)

Refer some good books for me to read. I'm willing to try anything!

Love you all!

-Tianana