07: The Sun is Too Focused on The Earth

Aphrodite woke up to complete silence.

She quickly realized that she was the first one awake, surprisingly. She decided to make breakfast for everybody else.

Aphrodite quietly exited the bedroom, careful not to wake everyone else, and went to the kitchen.

She flipped through the recipe book and shut it after a while, deciding on breakfast sandwiches. The food in the recipe book required too much work.

Aphrodite had to make nine sandwiches, one for each person including herself. She made them exactly like her mother used to for her and her siblings.

She knew that recipe by heart. 

And that was a good thing since she didn't have to keep the recipe book by her side and check it occasionally like Austin and...Charlie...did.

No. She didn't want to think about that right now.

She continued making the sandwiches as everyone else started to wake up. By the time she had finished, everyone had already woken up.

For a while, not a word was spoken. No one wanted to speak, to act like nothing had happened.

But what else could they do?

 ?

 ?

 ?

 ?

 ?

Exactly.

The group continued to eat silently, with some occasionally glancing at Austin.

Austin ate slowly, his eyes focused on his food like he was trying not to make eye contact with any of them.

Only nine of them remained, meaning that six had died. Six deaths, and they still haven't found the murderer.

Maybe they deserve to die, at least that's what Alex thought.

After eating, everyone sat back down at the table together. They didn't have anything to review or new ideas. 

"So, we're just gonna sit here?" Charlotte said. "We're just gonna sit here and wait for one of us to die?"

"I mean, we could probably catch the murderer that way," Austin said, shrugging.

"At this point, that seems like a good idea," Jamila said. "That is not a good idea, Jams," Melodie said.

"What can we do besides just talking?" Alex said. "I mean, the TV is broken. We would always sit and watch TV to pass the time,"

 "We can always play some games," Jamila said. "Like what?" Aphrodite asked.

"Charades?" Jamila suggested. The group all looked at each other, nodding to agree with the idea.

The group spent most of the day playing Charades together.

After Melodie's turn, she went to Jamila to talk to her. However, Jamila was talking to Austin. Whatever, right?

Melodie and Jamila didn't talk for the rest of the game. They usually talk together. Alex noticed this and attempted to read Melodie's facial expressions and body language.

His conclusion: Melodie felt loneliness and jealousy.

Before this could grow into a bigger problem, Alex talked to Melodie.

"I just feel like she's ignoring me," Melodie explained herself. "Like, I'm not her friend anymore."

"Melodie," Alex said. "She still loves you. She's just trying to lift Austin's spirit, you know?"