・.・✫Ten

୨⎯ Chapter 10⎯୧
"Carnage"

୨⎯ Chapter 10⎯୧"Carnage"

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"WHAT IS HE doing, Legolas?" I asked, my voice tinged with disbelief as I watched Aragorn lower his head to the ground, his movements deliberate yet enigmatic. "It looks like he's sleeping, is now really the best time for that?" I asked in disbelief, but all I received in return was a shush from Aragorn.

Legolas, ever attuned to the subtleties of nature, observed Aragorn's actions with a furrowed brow, his keen eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of danger.

"He seeks guidance from the earth," Legolas replied, his voice a whisper carried on the wind. "Aragorn listens to the vibrations, seeking insight into our enemy's movements."

I watched in awe as Aragorn remained motionless, his concentration unbroken as he absorbed the secrets whispered by the earth beneath him. Though his body appeared still, I knew his mind was racing, processing the information gleaned from the earth's ancient wisdom.

As Aragorn rose from his crouched position, a sense of determination flickered in his eyes, his resolve strengthened by the knowledge gained from his communion with the earth.

"We must hurry," Aragorn declared, his voice firm with purpose. "The Uruk-Hai move swiftly, and we cannot afford to fall behind."

As Legolas urged Gimli to keep pace with Aragorn's determined stride, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for the stout dwarf. His weary form lagged behind, every step a struggle against the relentless pursuit that had left us all drained and exhausted.

"Come on, Gimli!" Legolas called out, his voice a gentle encouragement tinged with concern. Despite his own weariness, the elf's unwavering resolve spurred us onward, a beacon of strength amidst the encroaching darkness.

Gimli's response was laced with exhaustion, his words heavy with fatigue yet filled with the stubborn determination that defined his character. "Three days and nights pursuit. No food, no rest, and no sign of our quarry, but what bare rock can tell!" he exclaimed, his voice echoing the weariness that weighed heavily upon us all.

As the four of us pressed on through the day and into the night, the relentless rhythm of our footsteps echoed the urgency of our quest. Each stride brought us closer to our elusive quarry, yet the distance seemed to stretch on endlessly before us.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Not idly do the Leaves of Lorien fall," Aragorn intoned gravely, his voice heavy with the weight of our quest.

"Maybe they just got tired of hanging around," I suggested with a mischievous grin, earning a few chuckles from my companions. Aragorn simply rolled his eyes at me.

I walked over to Legolas, who surveyed the landscape with his usual keen insight, his gaze scanning the horizon for any sign of hope amidst the vast wilderness.