Chapter 2

Lessi's Pov:

Today is the day I have to sign my contract with Arsenal. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement - I'm actually terrified. Sophie is coming with me as I'll be meeting the other girls and I think she needs to be there, as she'll be accompanying me in the future. I'm not very good at meeting new people, so I always take Soph with me to events. She seems to enjoy them too, sometimes telling me she's coming before I even get a chance to ask her. We both got ready in tracksuits since we both love them, but to my surprise, Sophie wore the same one as me. So now she looks like a miniature version of me, although she already did before. Her blue eyes and blonde hair are the same as mine. The only difference is our hair. The length of my hair is a bit shorter than Sophie's. She has nice long hair. I think we both look like Dad, but she says we look more like Mum. After we were both ready, I drove us to meet Jonas in his office as I had to have pictures taken. It was scary, meeting new people. We went to meet the team, the squad, the players, whatever you want to call them. I already know some of the players as we play together in our international team, I can't wait to see them all again. Leah Williamson and Beth Mead are some of my closest friends but (not including Ella) Lotte Wobben-moy is like a sister to me, when I left home to go to America, she was like an older sister to me. We both had to look after each other. We didn't know anyone else.

Sophies Pov:

I was so proud of Lessi when I saw her signing her new contract. Afterwards, we went to see her new teammates. I'm not sure who was more scared, I'm the outgoing sister, so it should have been her, but I felt scared for her. The first person we saw was the captain, Kim Little. She was lovely. But I understand why she is the captain. Next was the people we already knew. They seemed shocked to see us there, but after they found out they were ecstatic, these people included Leah Williamson and Beth Mead. Beth was my favourite. Chaos follows us when we are in each other's company. After we spoke to them they came with us to see the other girls, we know some of them because we have played against them but we don't know them personally.

After we met all the girls, they were having a mini-training session to see how well Lessi fit in with the other girls. I thought she did, but it wasn't my opinion that mattered. After training, most of the girls stayed on the pitch for a little fun game. Which I got dragged into. It was fun, but my team was good, so I just had to stand around most of the time, waiting for the ball to come over by the goal. I'm a goalie, so people don't recognise my talents as much as the forwards, like Lessi.

After my team won the match, they all decided that they were all coming over to mine and Lessi's place for some team bonding as Less was a new teammate. I didn't mind as I liked the girls already, even though I had only spent the afternoon with them all. Katie brought some alcohol, which Less wasn't happy about cause I wasn't 18 yet, but Leah talked her around as it was only a few weeks till my birthday. I didn't drink too much, and neither did any of the girls, but it was still loud. We did some karaoke and some other party games. Some of the girls stayed at our place. They slept wherever they could find a space.
I thought I was the first one to wake up because Leah was still sleeping, as she slept in my room with me last night. But when I was walking down the stairs to make myself some breakfast, I saw a few of the girls already eating and Kim making pancakes. Kim is like a mother to all of us. It is actually so nice. I sat down with the girls who slept in the living room last night, ( it was Katie, Caitlin, and Lia) it was nice, it was quiet which was confusing as me and Katie are normally really loud when we are together. About 20 minutes later, Lessi came down, and then about 5 minutes after Leah came down with Beth and Viv -as the couple slept in the spare room. We were keeping the spare room for this exact reason as we didn't know when someone was gonna stay around, and Ella would stay in it when she came to visit us. I miss Ella, but I'm glad we moved. It's like a mini adventure.

I've been joining in with training, as I have nothing else to do at the moment, but I don't mind. I like spending time with them all. I was thinking about going to college in America like Lessi did, but I decided against it, and I would rather stay here with my family. It's been a couple of weeks since Less joined Arsenal, and she seems to be doing OK, still getting used to it, though. I love it. Pranks with Katie, annoying Kim and Leah. It's so fun. It's my birthday in 2 days and I've already got a few offers from some football clubs which is always a good sign, cause this means that none of the clubs has forgotten about me and my abilities. I want to join Arsenal, but I haven't told anyone yet. But then I also haven't got an invite to join them yet, which is upsetting. There are two clubs I don't want to join, which are Tottenham and Chelsea, but that's not happening at all. If I don't get an invite from Arsenal but I do from Manchester United then I will move back in with Ella and stay with her, I would like that but I want to stay here with Lessi. After training, I went to Leah to watch some movies, but we both got bored and played some Xbox instead. I knew exactly why I was with Leah. It was so Less could buy some birthday gifts, but I wondered what she was getting me. Leah said that she already had my gift and that most of the girls were putting money towards it as it costs a lot of money. This just confused me even more.

I wasn't allowed to go home till my birthday, which annoyed me, but I kind of understood. It was a big birthday, and I was turning 18. I would be officially an adult, which was terrifying. I was told by Katie that something big was planned. I'm lucky that I keep a load of clothes at Leah's anyway. At the moment, I seem to be spending more time at hers. I can't wait to play football professionally. It's so exciting.

I had a nice dream about becoming a professional footballer. It was great. The next thing I knew, Leah, Less, and Katie were all in my room shouting Happy Birthday at me. I knew at that moment that I wasn't gonna be able to go back to sleep, so I decided to get out of bed. I can't wait to open presents, but I get told that I have to get dressed first, so I put on one of my tracksuits and go downstairs. The whole team was here, and so were all the lionesses. They were all here to give me my presents. I opened Mary's gift first. It's a pair of Gucci sunglasses. Tooney got me another tracksuit, and so did a couple of other people. I love my tracksuits, so I didn't mind. Now, most of the Arsenal girls were giving me their present. It was a box. Until I opened it. I was speechless.
Leah looked at me and asked, 'Do you like them?'
I look at the girls, 'I love them.' Then I go around and hug all of them. I got some brand-new football boots. I used to wear Lessi's old football boots as my parents couldn't afford to buy me some new ones, these were awesome. I was so close to crying already and I hadn't opened all my presents yet. 
I couldn't wait to open all my other presents. The girls decided that Kim would be the last one to give me my present. Less had got me loads of different stuff, some clothes, jewellery, and teddy bears (yes, I'm 18 now, but they are all just so cute).
Now it was Kim's turn to give me my gift, she looked nervous, she wasn't normally nervous about things. Everyone in the room was staring at me as I opened it. When I saw it, I was speechless.
It was beautiful.

Authors note:
I hope you like the story so far. Who do you want to be Sophie's best friend out for the Arsenal girlies? By the way, Kyra Cooney-cross will be added to the book soon.