Chapter 8

Sophie's Pov:
In the early hours of the following day, I woke up and threw up. Until that moment, I hadn't realised how much I had drunk. I had a severe headache. I took some painkillers that lessi left next to my bed, for which I was very grateful. There was also a note saying: "I've gone to training. I've left you some money so you can take a taxi to your recovery. I know it's hard for you to see us all at training because you can't, but I've heard that your recovery is going very well, and you can come to training soon. I love you very much, your big sister Less'. I was so grateful for that. I'm glad she made sure I was ok before she left. I got up and went to shower, ensuring the shower was the right temperature before I got in. After getting ready, I ate something and brushed my teeth, then ordered a taxi. I got to the training centre and paid the taxi driver. I went in to see the girls before my session, and I got bombarded with hugs. One hug lasted longer than the others. That hug was from Kyra. I also kissed her on the cheek so she knew I remembered kissing her last night. She whispered in my ear that she wanted to talk to me later and that she would massage me. I nodded and went over to Less to tell her some good news my physiotherapist had told me.

Lessi's Pov:
'In about 2/3 weeks, I can come back and do some light training with you guys, ' Sophie told us with extreme excitement. All the girls jumped excitedly and went in for a group hug. After we finished the hug, Sophie let us go do our training. Training was fun as most of the time, Katie and Kyra were doing their best to annoy everyone. It was still weird for Soph not being there, but we got through it, and all decided that we will go to Beth and Viv's house for team bonding. Sophie went home, so I messaged her to get the house sorted for guests; well, they really aren't guests anymore, but she understood.

(Time skip of a couple of weeks)
Sophie's Pov:

"I've been doing well lately. I've been spending a lot of time with Kyra, but we haven't officially started dating yet. We agreed that we should get to know each other better first.

One morning, Less burst into my room and told me to get up for my first training session. I was not happy about being woken up so early, but I got ready and went anyway. After my birthday, I was planning to sign with Manchester United and stay with Tooney, but Arsenal offered me a spot on their team that I couldn't refuse. I didn't want to leave London, which has become my home, and the Arsenal girls have become like a family to me. Although I still get lost sometimes, I'm happy to be back to full health after my recovery. I'm always talking about Katie and Kyra and sometimes get on everyone's nerves, but I'm like the little sister that some of them never had. Kim is like a mother to everyone, and I'm pretty sure I'm her favourite.". Less drove us both to our training ground, and the whole squad had a meeting with Jonas about the upcoming weeks and how I am now joining in fully. I can't wait for the match that was in a few days. I knew I wasn't going to start, but hopefully, I could be subbed in. Jonas has told me that I am good at other positions, as well as being a keeper. So now I play centre-back as well and will go in goal if they need me to.
First, we went to the gym to warm up and to get our blood flowing. Once we were all ready, we went to the pitch. We did a few passing drills, and then we split off into a few little groups so that we could practice shooting. We did that for about an hour or so. Then Jonas called us all in for a group huddle. He told us that we were doing brilliantly and to keep it up. After the huddle, he pulled me to one side and told me I was exactly what the team needed and that it was good to see me smiling and having fun with the girls.
Once we finished, we went back to the gym to cool down; then we went to the ice baths for a little bit. 

After everyone was done, we all walked outside together, and then we went our separate ways. After training, me and Less decided to have the rest of the day to chill. We were planning to see Tooney soon, as s she was coming to London to see us because she had a couple of days off.

Authors note:
Bit of a short one today.
I hope you like it. It might take me a bit longer to post some chapters now as I am mainly working every day, but I will write when I can.
Let me know if you would like to see anything added in the upcoming chapters.