Chapter 6

As I sat down to reflect on my journey, I realized that I needed to seek help to address my problems. Despite my initial hesitance, I decided to agree to therapy sessions once a week. I knew it would take time for me to open up, but I was willing to give it a try. The therapist informed me that the sessions were not free, but I could text her anytime if I needed to talk.

In addition to therapy, I was also attending recovery sessions at the gym almost every day. It was a great feeling to see that I was making progress. I was now able to walk without crutches and only had a slight limp. It had been a month since my overdose, and I was determined to get better and be my best self.

Our team was scheduled to play against Liverpool, so we had a team meeting to discuss tactics and how Liverpool had played in their previous matches. I was excited about the meeting because there was some news to be shared. I hoped it was good news, maybe a new player or something exciting like that.

Before the meeting, some of the girls came over to my house, and I had the luxury of choosing which car to ride in. I picked Leah's car because I knew she had great music taste. We sang along to our favourite songs, and it was a mini karaoke session on the way there. It was nice to spend time with Leah, as she had been busy lately.

As we arrived at the meeting room, we realized that we were the last ones to arrive, which was typical for us. We laughed about it, and then we got down to business. First of all, we were told the news.
'Girls, I would like you to meet your new teammate, Kyra Cooney-Cross,' Jonas started, which got all of our attention. A new girl was standing next to him, she shyly waved and said hello. I didn't hear anything anyone else was saying as I got lost in the hazel eyes that were staring back at me.
'Soph, are you okay?' Less shook my shoulder while saying this. I finished daydreaming and snapped back to reality.
'Uh yeah, yeah, I'm good'. I replied, still thinking about those eyes.
Leah had joined in on the conversation at this point.
'Omg, soph, you're staring at her. I didn't know you were gay.' Leah interrupted.
'What, no, no, I don't know what you're on about.'
'Aw, you're still in the closet.' Leah told me. I just blushed and left as I didn't need to be there anymore.

Lessi's Pov:

I saw Sophie go out of the room after Leah had said something about her sexuality. I knew that she didn't know what she was as she had boyfriends in the past, but she didn't need to know. She is still a youngster, and she is allowed to try and figure herself out. I'm not going to push her into labelling herself; she doesn't need to. I spoke to Leah after the meeting, explaining everything to her. She seemed to understand, which I was glad about.

I went home and brought dinner on the way, I decided that we were both going to spend some time together and try and make pizza. Sophies favourite food is pizza. She took a picture of the ingredients to put it on her Instagram.

After she put it on her Instagram, we started making the dough which worked

After she put it on her Instagram, we started making the dough which worked. We looked at each other and high-fived because we didn't think we would make it this far. We put all of our toppings on the base and put it in the oven. While it was in the oven we decided to watch some TV.
'Soph the pizza'. Lessi had gone to check on the pizza in the next room.
'Oh no' I heard Less sat from the other room.
I run in and see the disaster of a pizza in the oven.
I laugh taking a picture of it to put on my Instagram.

We decided to order takeaway instead but we still got pizza

We decided to order takeaway instead but we still got pizza. We sat on the sofa and ate our pizza while we watched Friends as it was my favourite TV show and Less didn't have a choice in choosing what we watched.

Authors note:

Sorry this one is short, I wasn't sure what to write. Hope it's OK.
Any advice and tips are helpful.
What do you think of the pictures?