Chapter 4

Authors note: This might be a difficult chapter for some people to read.

Sophies Pov:

After a full week of me lying in bed, Jonas has asked to meet to talk about how they can help me heal and to find out when I'll be well enough to return to the field. I'm afraid of it.
Less kindly offered to give me a ride to my meeting because she already had a scheduled training session. Being there wasn't something I was very excited about. I yearned to be back in my own cosy bed. I have no choice but to go.
Entering Jonas's office with a limp, he greeted me as though my injury was no more than a minor inconvenience. Already irritated, I was ready to put an end to it quickly. 
As soon as I enter the room, Jonas greets me with a warm smile and a genuine concern for my well-being. However, my mood has already been soured by my discomfort and frustration, and I am in no mood for pleasantries. I snap at Jonas, wanting to get the meeting over with as quickly as possible, so I can return to my bed.
Jonas looked at me as he seemed to be upset because of the way I spoke to him. But I couldn't care.
'Oh yes, of course, well I wanted to talk to you about your next steps. I know you have only just joined us here at Arsenal but we treat everyone like family. So I would like you to speak to me like a person and not a piece of dirt.'
I just looked at him with the same look I came in with not wanting to talk to him as I might say something I will regret.
'Well, I think every day you should come in and see the physios here, they can help you get back onto the pitch.' He decided to carry on even though I didn't say anything to him.
I nodded as it probably was the best thing to do.
'We are all really worried about you Sophie, you can talk to anyone here about anything. We are all here to listen if you don't want to talk to your sister'.
I stood up and said 'Thanks, but I'm fine' and left without giving him a chance to say anything. I got a taxi home as Less was still in training but as soon as I was back in the safety of my bed, I broke. I broke down. I couldn't do it anymore.
I have suffered from depression for as long as I remember, it's difficult. Less doesn't know. I layed there in my bed for hours sobbing, trying not to listen to those thoughts in my head. It's hard. Why did I have to be like this? Why wasn't I normal?
My bedroom door opened but I didn't have the energy to tell them to go away.  I felt someone sit on my bed stroking my hair until I stopped crying. I was expecting it to be Less but when I looked up I didn't see Less. I saw Katie McCabe.
I just hugged her as she said, if you want to talk I am always here for you.  I just nodded a response.
After Katie left I managed to clean myself up and sort my hair out, before I went downstairs to see all the girls as tonight was team bonding night.
I went downstairs to the girls with a painted smile on my face, not wanting any of them to know how I was feeling.
Less was the first one who saw me, she had a worried look on her face.
'Sophie, are you okay, Jonas said you didn't seem yourself?' Leah asked me before less was able to.
'Yeah I umm, I just wanted to be back in my bed I guess, too much exercise for one day.' I joked trying to make them think that I was OK.
They all looked at me trying to figure out what was wrong but after a few seconds Katie said, 'Let's carry on with the game, I want to win.'
I was thankful as she noted that I didn't want to talk. As the girls got back to what they were doing I went to the kitchen to grab a drink. But Kim followed me.
'You sure you're alright kid, you don't seem yourself lately.'
That was it, I have had enough of people questioning me.
'I'm fine now will all of you just get off my back, I'm not a child I can take care of myself'. But I screamed this in Kim's face and she seemed shocked that I had done it.
'Do not speak to me like that, just because you are having a hard time because of your injury doesn't mean you can take it out on everyone else.'
As she was saying this I walked out, not wanting to listen to her. But I didn't just walk out of the kitchen I walked out of the whole house. I've had enough. I will stay somewhere else. I can't deal with any of them right now. I walked and carried on walking I didn't know where I was going, but I ended up at the pub. I wasn't a drinker, but I could do with a drink right now. I had my normal, vodka and Coke, I had about 5 then I got a phone call from Less. I didn't answer cause I didn't want to talk. I had about 6 more drinks then I couldn't see straight. This guy came up to me and asked if I wanted a ride home, I told him no. But he helped me up anyway. I walked out of the bar with this guy's arm around my shoulder to support me. He told me he had something for me and that one of his old contacts gave it to him for me, as he thought I might need it. I took whatever it was from him not questioning anything. I fell asleep on a park bench and when I woke up, I had a group of people around me. I grabbed my crutches even though I shouldn't still be using them, and I walked away. I walked back home, I was expecting the house to be empty as the girls had training today. But when I walked through the door, I saw all the girls sitting around the living room quietly talking. When they saw me they all jumped up to check if I was okay, I said I was fine and then went to my room. I ran myself a bath, then slowly got in it wanting to rest. I remember some of what happened last night so when I got out of the bath I got dressed and checked my pockets. There it was. I have been clean for about a year now, I couldn't go back. But I couldn't be in this world anymore. I put it back in my pocket when Less came into my room, telling me that they were all going to training now. I nodded in response and when they all left, I decided that I was going to do it. I couldn't help myself. How was I going to do it? I decided to put it on my desk, I managed to put it in a line and the next thing I knew it was in my body. I took more than I would normally but I didn't care.
I was happy, then I was depressed again, and then I passed out, well I thought I did cause I don't remember much else.

Alessia's Pov:

I was talking to the girls and we all agreed that we were all worried about Sophie. She doesn't seem to be her happy, normal self anymore. I don't want her to do something stupid. All the girls decided to go home and sleep after training as none of us got much sleep last night.
I drove home and shouted up the stairs to Sophie telling her that I was home. But there was no answer, so I guessed that she was sleeping. After about an hour I decided to go and check on her. I opened her door and saw her slouched on the floor.
'Sophie!' I screamed her name multiple times before deciding to phone for an ambulance. I looked around her and saw a packet with some sort of white powder in it. I didn't realise she did drugs. Maybe she overdosed, the 999 operator told me that an ambulance was on its way and to stay calm and asked if I could feel a pulse. I could but it was very weak. I didn't want my sister to die. After I hung up when the ambulance was nearly here, I phoned some of the girls telling them to meet me at the hospital and that I was going in the ambulance with Sophie. I was crying. Was my sister going to die?

Authors note:
So a bit of a sad one today. I wanted to use some experiences that people might have. Luckily I only haven't had anything like this happen to me. But some people have. My DMS are always open if anyone needs to talk, or needs advice in any way. I will always try my best.

Let me know what you all think.