Untitled Part 5

My Beloved Robert,

The news of your rescue, conveyed through your stirring words, has filled Downton with a light that had been dimmed since your departure. Reading of the bravery and loyalty of Bates brought tears to my eyes, tears of relief and gratitude for the return of hope that once seemed so distant. Your survival, against all odds, is a testament to the strength of the human spirit and the bonds that bind us, even in the darkest of times.

Your account of Bates's heroism and your unwavering courage in the face of such adversity have moved me deeply. It is a stark reminder of the extraordinary acts of valor and loyalty that emerge in times of war, a beacon of light amidst the shadows of conflict. Bates's actions speak volumes of his character, and his dedication to you is a reflection of the profound impact you have on those around you.

The thought of the peril you faced chills me to my very core, and yet, knowing you are safe, my heart is filled with an overwhelming sense of relief and joy. The ordeal you have endured has only strengthened my admiration and love for you, my dear Robert. Your resilience and determination to return to us are the pillars upon which I lean in these trying times.

As we await your safe return, know that Downton is not merely a house but a home eagerly awaiting the return of its master. The children and I speak of you daily, drawing strength from your love and the promise of our reunion. Bates's bravery has given us more than just the hope of your return; it has reignited the flame of resilience within us all.

Until we are reunited, my beloved, I hold you in my heart, drawing comfort from your words and the knowledge of your safety. Let the love that binds us be your shield, and the thought of home your guiding light. We await your return with open arms, ready to begin the next chapter of our lives together, fortified by the trials we have overcome.

With all my love and endless gratitude,

Cora