HH 12

"Green," said Silver, gesturing to the pedestrian traffic light as he began to cross the street while Han was gripping on his bag. "Sabi naman sayo, kinukutuban ako diyan kay Gold. Pinaglalayo lang kayo ni ssob," he added.

"Hindi naman, par. Nagsorry nga kanina eh," Han responded.

"Basta ako sinabihan na kita," Silver replied as he shrugged his shoulders. He went on, "Oh, san ka niyan?"

"Mansiyon, dre. Bagay ba 'tong suot ko? Itong buhok ko maayos na ba? Yung amoy ko. Halatang galing training ba? Amoy bagong bili pa rin ba 'tong damit? O amoy pogi na?" Han asked simultaneously, seeming to be a lot anxious.

"Kalma, Hate, kalma. Manunuyo ka lang ha, hindi mamamanhikan," his friend answered in jest.

Han was terribly anxious on his way to the mansion, even with his friend beside him. Before leaving for home, Silver reminded his friend as if he were his father, "Oh, 'yong bilin ko, Hate. Wag kalimutan ang gamot. Uwi na ako."

"Han Teodoro, manunuyo hindi mamamanhikan," he then reminded himself before going into the mansion.

He wasn't even admitted in with any delay because the mansion's guards and servants knew him already. "You already know where to find my room," he recalled.

Walking to the source of their misunderstanding, he thought to himself, "He must be in his room." Just across from Gold's, Han knocked on Caleb's door.

Han stayed for quite a while, waiting for Caleb to answer the door, but he didn't. Han was surprised to find that the door was unlocked when he carefully tried to turn the knob.

Entering, he ought to look for Caleb; oddly enough, he found his room wasn't a mess. Everything is in its proper place; even the stack of used shirts in his laundry basket has been folded neatly. Since he lost his color, his hearing has been one of his strongest suits. He heard that the bathroom's shower was running.

As he noticed, Caleb was taking a bath. The sound of the bathroom door being unlocked caught him as he turned to leave the room. Half of his wet, nude body was visible as Caleb peered at the door. "Hey, can you pass my bath towel? It's hanging in my closet. Nalimutan kong kunin," he said.

Han hurried back to retrieve what Caleb had asked him to. Han laughed gently as he went through his closet and saw some clothes that weren't folded inside.

Caleb's hand went out to take the towel as soon as Han knocked on the bathroom door. Shortly after, Caleb threw open the door and showed off his semi-naked figure.

Han stood before his partially nude boss, dumbfounded and numb. Han believed he had simply said, "Ang kalat," in his mind.

However, Caleb heard it. "Yeah, my closet? I was looking for some unused and brand new clothes para 'yon na gagamitin mo every time na dito ka matutulog. Sabi mo nga, para diretso campus ka na the next day," Caleb went into great detail.

Han was taken aback upon hearing him. It wasn't his closet that he referred to as "kalat," but him, displaying his broad shoulders and manly-toned abs in front of him. He gulped.

Caleb rummaged through his closet and took several outfits. "Here, fold them and place them in that container box. Write your name on the box," he said, tossing it to Han.

Caleb realized Han was still uneasy around him and said, "What?"

It wasn't until Han's gaze dropped to Caleb's lower abdomen that he realized he still hadn't put on any clothes. He reached for his shirt and put it on quickly.

Averting his gaze to Caleb, Han said, "A-ano, tungkol sa pangalan sa box. 'Di na kailangan 'yon, Cal. Itabi mo na, okay na ako sa mga pinaglumaan mo nang damit."

Caleb asked, "You mean share na tayo ng clothes?" Before Han could clarify that he didn't intend it that way, Caleb said, "Okay, sure. We're going to be a fake couple anyway."

Shocked, Han knitted his brows. Caleb went on, "Wag kang OA. Just like Austin, pumapayag na akong maging fake boyfriend ka. Nothing personal, just pure paniningil ng utang."

Han would be bouncing with delight if it were Gold's deal. Faking a relationship with Caleb, however, would be quite problematic. Relationships are fakeable, but feelings are never.

Han would lose his heart in a heartbeat if he consented to this. Therefore, he had decided not to accept it. However, he said, "Okay."

"Okay? Like we're on the same page?" Caleb asked to clarify.

"Nothing personal, just pure bayad ng utang," Han stated against his will.

Caleb then said, "Yes. So, let's just pretend to be in love for a whole month. After that, we'll go back to being strangers, but with your tests and treatments all covered."

"No strings attached," Caleb remarked, returning to the bathroom to change into his shorts.

It was at the same time that Han had the opportunity to let his tears flow down his cheeks. It is unclear to him why he was feeling that way, but he knew this sensation would linger for at least a month or even more.

Han turned his back on Caleb as soon as he emerged from the restroom, trying to conceal his emotions. Taking the clothing that Caleb had given him earlier, he started folding them and putting them back in Caleb's closet.

Still not turning to face his pretend boyfriend, Han inquired, "Kaya mo ba ako pinapunta dito para diyan?"

"Yeah, what else?" Caleb answered.

"Ah, wala naman. Akala ko kasi totoong nagtatampo at nagalit ka hehe," Han responded, experiencing a slight tightness in his heart.

"Why would I? I know you just want Gold's money so you can pay me and get rid of me earlier. Kaya tinulungan na kita and have you pretend as my boyfriend," Caleb responded.

"Seryoso ka diyan?" Han asked, turning to face him squarely in order to gauge his sincerity. Smirking, he added, "Ganiyan ba kababa tingin mo sakin? Caleb, kaya kong paghirapan mabayaran ka lang nang tama kasi deserve mong matrato nang tama. Yung deal natin? Utang 'yon, babayaran ko kahit gaano pa katagal. Hindi kita ginagamit at lalong hindi ako gagamit ng kahit na sino lalo na't kapatid mo pa para lang mabayaran ka. Ito na oh, iniiwan ko na mga nakasanayan ko, pinagtratrabahuan ko na the way I think was right. Naisip ko rin magpanggap na jowa mo pero nirerespeto ko 'yong desisyon mo. Tapos ngayon ikaw na 'yong kusang nagoffer, and I was thinking na baka kailangan mo lang ng tulong ko. Kaya, G agad! Pero pinag-isipan mo na pala ako nang hindi maganda."

"Hon," Caleb muttered.

"Sorry. Kailangan ko magpahangin. Please, wag ka munang sumunod," he replied and left.

To be continued...

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:

Hello, hons! The next update will probably take a while, but rest assured that this story will push through until the end.

[Pasensya na, away-away muna ang mag-hon. Bibitinin muna nila kilig niyo at magpapamiss na rin.]

Thank you for all of your support!