17 | 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧

Nehir watched as Bora left the kitchen angrily. Dilek had already ended the call, but Bora had kept threatening her until Aleyna returned.

"What happened?"

"Bora did what he does best," Nehir replied simply.

"And what will happen now?" Aleyna asked, pointing towards Nehir's phone.

She shrugged. Whatever happened to Bora was something he deserved. Maybe he would learn his lesson. Maybe it was something both had in common. Maybe they both could learn the hard way.

When she had woken up the morning after Oguz died, Nehir felt that she couldn't get up from her bed. She didn't even want to do it. She would have rather covered herself with a blanket and ignored what had happened. But she couldn't. She had to make them pay. She had to.

So, she had to marry Yavuz. And make sure he would stay on her side. Somehow. She had never been a good actress, but maybe it was time to learn.

Her phone ranged and she half expected the caller to be Dilek. It was her brother.

"Hakan?" Nehir asked. "Why are you calling?"

Hakan hesitated. "Today is... Today is the funeral."

Nehir made a step backwards. She hadn't expected that. Today was the funeral of the one she loved.

"Ali called me. He thought you might want to say goodbye. Oguz was already buried, Father made sure of that. But, if you want to go, his parents are at their house."

"Yes," she answered. "I'll go."

She didn't know how happy they would be to see her. She was the reason their son was dead. She was the reason they had lost Oguz. But she felt the same pain they did. And maybe... Maybe being close to them would mean being close to Oguz.

"I'll send Yusuf to drive you there. If Father or Neslihan ask something, you are going to me, alright?"

"Yes," Nehir said, nodding. She could feel the tears in her eyes, but she ignored them.

Her brother ended the call after telling her Yusuf would be there in half an hour, and Nehir turned towards Aleyna.

"I'm going to change my clothes," she told her. "If Neslihan asks about me later, tell her I went to Hakan."

Aleyna just nodded.

Nehir left the kitchen and headed towards her room, ignoring Neslihan, who was in the living room as usual. Nehir had never understood why she spent so much time there, especially when she was alone.

She changed into a black pair of trousers and a black shirt with sleeves that stopped at her elbows. After combing her hair and arranging it a bit, Nehir put her phone in a small purse and left her room.

She planned to wait outside until Yusuf got there. As she left the house, Nehir was surprised to see Bora.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Why do you care?"

She noticed a black car pulling in their driveway. It wasn't one of her brother's.

"Mom said you're not allowed to leave."

"I'm going to Hakan. What do you think I am going to do?"

"Nehir, get inside."

"Or what?"

Part of her screamed that she shouldn't anger Bora. She had seen what he was capable of. She had seen what he was willing to do only because Neslihan told him to do it. She wasn't sure what he would do if he was angry. She wasn't sure she wanted to know. But...