The Outskirts

The Story opens with a gusty black cloud. The story takes place within the universe of The Agonies, a world filled with nightmares of your childhood. From buildings to food, the world's environment and items manifest as incredibly large and scale but are always decaying and rotten. Punishments in this world are more violent, gory, and brutal than torture machines. Each landmark seems to have its own specific theming.

In this world, equally gigantic human-like beings known as "Torments" exist as predatory monsters that kidnap small children that are unfortunate enough to end up in their domain. Many of them are grotesque and monstrous, with inhuman abilities, body proportions, and other nightmarish features. The Torments are aggressive, and their behavior is primarily instinctual, or desire driven to a twisted and murderous degree. Even animals of the world are twisted and warped and can be threatening to some degree. When caught, instead of mostly being eaten, there's a fate worse than death depending on what monster catches you.

The children and teenagers within this world either struggle to survive under brutal conditions or fall victim to mysterious forces and monsters that viciously prey on them. Children and Teenagers themselves can even be turned into "Torments" by breaking their hope, sanity, and souls away. In rare cases, they can also gain their own set of unnatural abilities.

An overhead view of The Carnage. It is a dismal, gloomy coastal city consisting of countless looming brown buildings that bend and sag down like rotting dying plants. The city has child corpses across the streets. Doors and windows are boarded up or broken, many buildings and apartments appear abandoned and suffering from leaks and rot, and clotheslines are left to be drenched in the pouring blood. The buildings have giant cracks, which resemble veins, and holes with leaking giant, rotting flesh pouring out. Giant eyeballs can be seen crawling out the windows. Giant swollen brains are poking out from the top of buildings. Blood stains are shown across the walls and doors.

A little boy in a blue shirt, brown skin with freckles on his face. His hair is black, short, and hidden under his backwards blue cap with only triangular bangs that cover his eyes sticking out. When his cap is removed, he has a small rectangular cowlick underneath. He is 12 years old. The boy has red pants and white socks on. He is walking on the Outskirts of the city. The little boy, named Blue, looks up at the town, a bit afraid.

The Outskirts are an empty dry land. It is filled with brown musky ground. The nearby plants are fleshy and dark pink. Off in the distance is the silhouette of The Carnage. Destroyed buildings are out for anyone to take shelter in. Tiny chunks of flesh blobs are shown growing out of the ground.

Blue: "I can do this...He would've wanted me to stay alive. I won't let him-"

Lightning strikes, thus scaring the kid. Blue cowards in fear a little. It starts to rain around him.

Blue: "Yikes! W-what is this place? I've never been here before..."

Blue walks around for a few more moments, inspecting his surroundings. He then gets concerned about the ground and begins jumping on it. He feels the ground is unstable and bouncy.

Blue: "The ground...it feels...off...This isn't normal"

Blue begins sinking into the ground before climbing out. Blue stumbles and runs before he sinks further. Blue trips and falls. Blue groans and lifts his head. He sees Zarah, mistaking her for a rat, looking for food in a destroyed building. Blue looks around and finds a stick.

Blue: "S-sorry, Mr. rat. I have to eat."

Blue sneaks up and bashes the stick hard on her head. He smashes it multiple times, until he notices Zarah is a child, like him. Zarah is a peach skinned 11-year-old girl. She wears a green shirtt. She wears a yellow long-sleeved T-shirt with white stripes underneath. She wears red pants and shoes on. She has long white grayish hair that covers her eyes. She also has freckles, a green hairband, and a few bandages.