3x5

Previously

10k wakes up on the ground after the doctor stabbed him in the neck with a vaccine. "You stabbed me."

"You were under Murphy's control. The bite on your neck."

" What?" He reaches back to touch it. Almost like he never realized it was there before.

"I gave you a dose of the original HZN1 vaccine. It counters his bite and frees us from Murphy's control. I've been taking it too. I need your help. Murphy wants to save humanity by turning them into human-zombie blends." She looks back at 10k while packing a bag. Seeing that he was thinking about something, she spoke up, " Don't worry about your friend. I gave it to her while she was sleeping."

...

The two look at each other and nods. 10k jumps out of the window, landing in the back of the truck, the wind getting knocked out of him. Lana was a little smarter. She just tucked and rolled. " Catch him! He's got my medicine! After them!Everybody after them!"

...

The two ran through the woods and hopped on a fence. Three of Murphy's goons were chasing after them. "I don't blame you, kids. But Murphy cares about you. And he only wants to help. It's time to come home." 10k looks down at the bag full of vaccines and back at Lana. She shakes her head no. They both knew Murphy, and he didn't care about the kids. He just cared about the vaccines. The two turned around, jumped off one part of the building on another, and continued running.

...

Both Lana and 10k run onto a bridge. On one side, Zs were coming in hot. On the other was Murphy's goons. Both were closing in quickly. Jumping on the edge of the bridge, they both jump. If they were to go out, at least they went out together. Once they both hit the water, the rapids swept them away. 

Now

Water rushes from the river as the two try to keep their head above water, but the current drags them down. Finally, the river looked like it had won. As the two float face down in the water, they spring up and take a gasp of air, dragging themselves to the shore and losing consciousness shortly after. 10k remembers one of the only times he was happy. His sniper propped up against a log. "10k?" He looks over to see Lana looking right back at him.

As 10k slowly regained consciousness, Lana's comforting presence, her damp hair cascading softly around them, was a balm to his senses. "You're awake," her voice, a soothing reassurance in the chaos. Glancing down, he saw her expertly tending to his injury with moss collected from the riverbank. Through the trials of the apocalypse, Lana had honed her skills, evolving alongside 10k and his father, her resilience a testament to their shared survival.

With Lana's steady support, he rose to his feet, his gaze momentarily drawn to the open bag of vaccines, a beacon of hope amidst the turmoil. Yet Lana's focus was elsewhere, her senses alert like a startled deer in the forest. Looking at the direction she was looking at, he saw one of Murphy's men on the bridge looking at the water. Must be checking to see if they came up. Idiot. Lana helps 10k stand up, and they walk in the opposite direction of Murphy.

...

The two trudge through the woods, halting at the sound of loud noises nearby. They pick up speed. Glancing back, 10k spots the man from the bridge heading their way. Lana nudges him, gesturing to a floating tree in the water. She has an idea.