Chapter 4-"Treasures"

She exited the car and bolted into her house leaving her house key in the back seat. As she approached the tawny, contemporary door that led her to the small lobby-like boot room she threw open the door before turning around and slamming it and turning the lock as soon as possible. She beelined to her basement where the crazy wall stood feet from the ground. Red lines drew images of insanity and she began to reach for the top of the seamless paper background, when the faint noise of her deadbolt door clicked. Adrenaline zipped through her as she pulled downwards and blindly walked over to the anachronistic wood stove that she had never really used and threw the paper in, before dousing it in turpentine and tossing in a match.
Flames of crimson flared to life creating tips of egyptian blue that made her yield from the black metal in fear of being touched by the fierce blaze.
"Lisa?" Cassius's voice called as the distinct creaking of her narrow staircase began to grow louder.
"Yes," she yelled, closing the door to the stove before running upstairs and again tripping and falling at Cassius's feet.
"You good?" he asked, not concerned about the crackle and popping noises that could be heard downstairs.
"Fine." she replied continuing up the stairs, before noticing that she hadn't given him a key to her home. Although she would have to ask him about it later for she still had to hide the random and abnormal objects kept all about her kitchen and bathroom.