47

Since their first night Rick made it a mission to sneak into her room every night, though he didn't worry about sneaking when everyone split off into the other two houses.
He didn't have to hide from Carl and Niall and soon enough he stopped faking going to sleep in his room and just made his way to Y/n's every night when it was time for bed, it helped him sleep in this place.
He felt trapped, like a caged animal, still on edge, waiting for walkers or people to attack him and his family or for someone to try and separate him and Y/n--He wouldn't let that happen again.
Y/n knew Rick would leave the walls sometimes, he'd always come back with blood on him after killing some walkers. She knew the truth, he didn't want to get weak, and none of them did, Carl would often be with his father. Noah, Glenn and Tara joined Deanna's son Aiden and Nicholas on runs, they hadn't went on a real one yet but they've been on a dry run to 'learn the ropes', like the two sheltered assholes could teach them something important.
Well, it didn't go well, seeing as soon as they got back from the dry run Aiden tried to hit Glenn, got knocked on his ass, Daryl attacked Nicholas when he tried to get in the way, Deanna told everyone the group was part of the community now, and then gave Rick a job--
Y/n smiles a little as she watches Rick get dressed in his uniform, he straighten his tie as he catches her eyes in the mirror.
He raises an eyebrow at her "What?"
"Nothin', nothin'." She walks over to him, coming to stand in front of him she fixes his tie "How's it feel? Bein' the law in this here town?" She puts on her best southern accent
Rick laughs, placing his hands on her hips "Feels weird being back in uniform, after everything... after all I've done."
She takes a deep breath, resting her hands on his chest "Makes sense, I don't think Niall could ever face another uniform. He went through so much during that job, went through a lot after leaving it... threats of going to jail, his name was drug through the mud--Overnight everyone forgot everything he did for them, everything he went through--The deaths, the getting shot, the nightmares... losing relationships over it all." She looks down "I put him through a lot of hell myself before everything blew up. God, his face every time he'd come through the door and I was... beaten into some corner, he pulled his gun more than a few times on that bastard."
Rick rests his forehead against hers "He's a better man and cop than me, I would've shot him."
She shakes her head "Sounds like I would've caused ye a lot of problems too."
"You don't cause problems."
She meets his eyes, giving him a soft smile "Ye better go, before I make ye late."
He kisses her gently "I don't think anyone would notice if I was a little late." He presses her against the counter, lips brushing against her neck
She cards her fingers through his hair "Just... go to work, Rick." She pushes him back, smirking a little
He groans in annoyance "Fine, fine." He slowly lets of her, biting his lip as he drinks her in "I hate leavin' you." A sudden serious comes over his face "I hate leavin' you, I... I almost have a heart attack every time I open the door, like you're not gonna be there--And when you're out with Niall or Daryl I almost lose it until you come back." He runs a hand over his face "You must think I'm crazy."
She cups his cheek, making him meet her eyes "I know how ye feel, Rick. I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic, scared that I'm gonna be back in the woods, that ye're not there... then I hear yer snorin' and I wish I was really back in the woods." She chuckles when he rolls his eyes "Ye're not crazy, Rick... haven't been with me long enough for that."
"I'm crazy about you." He raises an eyebrow at her
"I've noticed, there's a reason ye're late for every shift." She gives him a crooked grin as she grabs him by the tie and pulls him closer "What the hell... what's bein' late for one more shift, eh?"
He grins "I was thinkin' the same thing." He presses his lips against hers...

She stands out in the woods with Rick, Daryl and Carol, a few dead walkers surrounding them, Rick had killed them a few days ago when he found this house, they could hear another one growling nearby--
"I don't see it, but it's close. There's just one of 'em." Daryl comes back over to them
"We won't be here long." Rick assures him "So what do you think?"
"We can go in when it's empty." Carol plans
"How is that? It's locked up at night."
"The window. There's just a latch. I can leave it open."
"A latch?"
"Yeah."
"Come on, Rick, they don't think about people tryin' to steal weapons--Hell, half of them would probably piss themselves if they even saw a gun." Y/n points out
"What if one of those pricks shuts it?" Daryl asks
"Wait a couple of days, leave it open again." Carol tells him
"It's getting closer." Daryl says as the snarling of the walker gets louder.
"We need to do it sooner than later. Right now, they're not watching us. Not worrying about meetings like this. We may need the guns, we may not." Rick tells them
"We will whatever way it goes." Carol comments
"They're the luckiest damn people I ever met. And they just keep getting luckier."
"How's that?" Daryl asks
"We're here now."
"They've got a couple of footlockers just full of 9 millimeter autos, Rugers, Kel-Tects. Just tossed in there. They don't use them. They're never gonna know they're gone." Carol says
"Someone's got one now, right?" Daryl nods to the empty blender Rick hid the gun in when he found the house
"Mmm. Listen, the others, we want them to try." Rick reminds them
"You, too." Carol looks to Daryl
"So we keep it quiet. Just us. Here it comes." He nods to the walker
"I got him." Daryl pulls his knife--
"Hey, wait." Carol stops him, aiming at the walker she shoots it nine times in the chest before finally shooting it in the head, she looks between the others "We said we were taking me out shooting. I couldn't go back with a full mag."
"Lucky he came by." Daryl comments
"Lucky she's the smart one." Y/n smiles at her
"We should get back." Rick points out "You'll pull the latch, we'll pick our moment." He begins as they start leaving "Us, we don't need to be lucky."
Daryl leans over the walker "What the hell's that? Is that a W?"
Y/n comes to stand next to the walker, her eyebrows knitting together seeing the 'W' carved into it's forehead "The hell?"
"Yeah." Carol says
Rick crouches down next to it, looking between them before he stands back up, tugging Y/n into his side as he leads them back to Alexandria.