Chapter 25 - Between a rock and a hard place

Disclaimer: The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

The Wolf in me

Chapter 25 – Between a rock and a hard place.

Authors Note: I'm doing something slightly different with this chapter. We're going to see things from Beck's perspective as he acts sort of as a go between Tori and Jade. But i think you'll still enjoy it very much.

Beck's POV

It was a hectic night to be sure. I showed up at Tori's house where a number of people were assembled. A big map of the world with pins in various cities was present along with a few extra phones. After a while Tori, Jade, Tori's dad and several others left to get in position.

I, Tori's mom and a few others were put to work, monitoring what was going on in other cities. It was a simple task but I wanted to help in some way. Granted I was still wrapping my head around the concept of Vampires and Werewolves but it was certainly true.

Once the attack was launched, I got to work calling the headquarters in various cities to get updates on how things were proceeding. From the few I had to call; things were going very well. Reports from the people her in LA said all was going well. I'd even heard they found the head Vampire's location and Jade was on her way there. All seemed like it was going perfectly.

That was until two werewolves dropped Tori off. I could tell as soon as she stormed in the house that she was ultra pissed. I was on the phone at the time but she immediately took her mom into another room. I could hear loud voices coming from the room. From the snippets I made out I figured that Jade went after the head Vampire herself and ordered Tori taken home. The official excuse was the fact that Tori was slightly hurt, but Tori knew that Jade never intended to take her.

Tori's mom was trying to calm down the very livid Latina, but was not succeeding. Eventually Tori came storming out of the room and grabbed me by the shirt. She looked very angry.

"Come on, you're taking me to where Jade is?" She demanded.

I looked to Tori's mom who quickly protested.

"You should wait dear. It's not safe." She said somewhat sternly.

Tori ignored her mother and practically dragged me out of the house.

She said little as we got in the car, only telling me to drive to an address in the Hollywood hills.

"Look Tori, I'm sure Jade was just..." I started to say to try and reason with Tori. From my experience I knew Jade's first instinct would be to protect Tori at all costs. So Jade's actions didn't come as much of a surprise to me. I heard some talk that the head vampire was an uber nasty one. Though I'm sure in her typical fashion, Jade didn't bother to tell Tori ahead of time or really explain her reasoning.

"Just drive. Got it!" Tori said, cutting me off. Just by the look on her face, I could tell Tori was in no mood to talk. She just clammed up and stared out the window. I was worried about Jade myself but there was nothing I could do about it. The rest of the car ride was filled with a tense silence.

About 25 minutes later we pulled up into the driveway of a large mansion. The metal gates at the bottom of the driveway had been knocked open, presumably by a car. Several other cars had just come up ahead of us. As I got out, I spotted Tori's dad amongst them.

As we walked up to the house, Jade emerged from the front door. She stepped over a corpse in front of it and staggered forward. She was holding a bottle and looked like she was covered in blood from head to toe. She reminded me a bit of Carrie from the 1970's movie. There was a look in her eyes that I from dating her for so long indicated to me, that she had won.