black box recording #2

Clip 1 of 3
Location: Unknown
Date: 24 July 2539

-RECORDING BEGINS-

[3:18:56 PM]

COMMANDER HARRISON: Sir, I believe the World Builders have gotten out of hand.

GENERAL JENKINS: What do you mean by that, Commander?

COMMANDER HARRISON: I mean no disrespect to you, General, as I know your planet flourishes to this day, but I've been getting reports, sir, about the World Builders becoming... attached. They're not making level-headed decisions in regards to the inhabitants of their planets.

[a heavy sigh]

GENERAL JENKINS: The Founders didn't write a rule for this, did they?

COMMANDER HARRISON: No, sir. These circumstances are unprecedented.

GENERAL JENKINS: And they're jeopardizing the mission we set out to complete?

COMMANDER HARRISON: Yes, sir. They're using questionable methods to keep their planets going. Some even seem to think that if they can keep their planet alive the longest, they'll get promoted.

GENERAL JENKINS: Ah. So they're after my job.

[the sound of papers being shuffled]

GENERAL JENKINS: I suppose it's time for some harder rules, then. What seems to be the biggest problem, Commander?

COMMANDER HARRISON: Sir, this may sound crazy, but they're becoming infatuated with their humans.

GENERAL JENKINS: The ones they designed?

COMMANDER HARRISON: The very same, sir.

GENERAL JENKINS: Very well. And what else?

[pen scratching on paper]

COMMANDER HARRISON: As I mentioned before, they're using inhumane methods to keep their planets running. I am concerned about the ethics of some of the decisions being made.

GENERAL JENKINS: Alright. I will begin asking around. Clearly these guidelines need to be released as soon as possible. Let me know of any further developments.

COMMANDER HARRISON: Yes, sir.

[a door swings open and closed]

[3:23:14 PM]

-END OF CLIP-