Eddie Valiant

Picture belongs to "AggravatedMomo" on Twitter/X

Hollywood, 1947.

The streets were crowded, the music was blasting in the clubs, Hollywood is the kind of place that'll eat you, chew you up, and then spit you back out if you're ain't careful. It can get pretty chaotic trying to settle down in a busy city, between all of the noise, the people, the traffic, the expensive bills and rent.

But I suppose there's one upside about it alll...It's that all the children and adults sat down in front of the television to watch the number one hit show.

Marroon Cartoons: Starring Rosie Rabbit and Baby Herman.

"CUT!" the director snapped. "Cut, cut, cut, cut,

"Aw C'mon! What the hell was wrong with that take!?" Baby Herman asked, revealing he had an old man voice and not a cutesy baby one.

"Nothing, Baby Herman," the director said to him, lightly, then scolded the female rabbit toon. "You were great. It's Rosie! She keeps blowing her lines!"

Rosaline Rabbit, or to her friends "Rosie" is a white, clownish rabbit with a gap between her front teeth, wearing two blue bow ties with yellow polka dots around her ears, and neck, a curly red tuft of hair, a Bugs Bunny-like head with blue eyes, a pink nose, round-tipped ears, a yellow shirt with red overall pants and yellow gloves.

He then grabbed one of circling birds. "What is this?"

"A tweeting bird?" Rosie shrugged, sheepishly.

"'A tweeting bird'," the director mocked her, then shoved the script in her face. "Refrigerator falls, rabbit sees stars! Not birds, stars!"

Ring!

"That's lunch, we're on in half!" the director walked off with a bell ringing to have everyone take a break from the set.

"P-Please, Raoul!" Rosie pleaded, rushing after Raoul. "I can give ya stars! Give me another chance! I-I just haven't been feeling well lately!"

"No Rosie, I dropped it on your head 23 times already." Raoul protested. "Look just take break for a while."

"Oh c'mon I can take it, don't worry about me!" The white rabbit grabbed onto his jacket sleeve. As Rosie followed him, she bangs her head with a frying pan trying to convince Raoul that she could give him stars.

"Toons." a man scoffed, taking a drink.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, the same guy found Maroon's secretary and let him into his office. "Mr. Maroon, Mr. Valiant is here to--" Maroon holds his hand up, as a way to say "in a minute."

"He'll be right with you." The secretary told him, then went back to her desk, closing the doors.
Mr Valient walked in and quietly explored the room while Maroon was going over a cartoon with an editor.

"No, no, NO!" Maroon scolded. "Wait until she gets to her feet, and then hit her with the boulder."

"Right R.K.!" The editor said, gathering the film and left. Maroon sighed turned to the detective, looking stiff and serious. "How much do you know about show business, Mr. Valiant?"