9-the crazy meets the crazy

His lips had been warm and soft.

The sweet scent of his skin he had gotten a glimpse of as he'd press his nose against it had been almost like a dream. Yet the bitter aftertaste he'd gotten had made him feel lost. But he did't care. What he cared for was how the touch had been lingering over his lips like it had been yesterday.

But it had been almost a week and he had made his lips dry out by rubbing them too much with his fingers.

He wished to have acted more assertive but after having seen Jimin's fearful expression, he could not help but feel reluctant to even think that thought further. It had been in the past anyways, so it did not matter. But what mattered was what he was going to do next.

Jungkook had been the type to always have zero to no shame, and in this case it was just the same. He did not mind facing him to learn more about what he felt but things did not seem like they would be the same on the latter's end.

Jimin had been shocked and probably irked by the sudden kiss, and after Jungkook having left without a single word on the matter, he knew he had made things only more confusing.

Yet what to say to make things better was a thought too far from Jungkook's understanding. It was complicated and he certainly did not have enough time to think on it.

The PD was already pestering him enough about working faster so that the album release date could be put out there, which had been quite the earful. But he could not do that without Jimin as Jungkook's last song had been a collaborative project between them. And now that they were on weird terms, he wasn't sure on how to proceed with it.

And as if it weren't enough, his schedule was moving ahead him like the rushed wind. He was hours away from a gala which he'd been invited to as a brand ambassador. There were going to be many like him and other known faces in order to promote new products or just to make an appearance for the sake of mentioning their company name. And in this case, Jungkook was the latter. He could've maybe made a bigger influence if he had released his album before all this, but it was what it was. He had gathered enough fame in the good old days to not care about his ongoing successful reputation.

After having dressed in an all white suit to fit the dress code, he made his way out and arrived at the designated place in no longer than an hour. He felt out of place to be wearing such a bright colour as he had been more fond of the opposite, the dark shades complimenting his looks always better. Or so was his opinion.

But after his arrival and going through the press, he could not help but feel glad that it had been white and not a different colour, as the one who wore it before his sight was complimented by it truly.

Seeing Jimin in all white was lifting, making him cover his mouth in an attempt to hide the smile on his lips. He did not know when he had started to see him as a man exactly, long having forgotten about the complicated thoughts and now only concentrated on what was before him.

So he made his way towards him without thinking and tapped his shoulder, trying to act discreet with his intentions yet also intent on taking a word out about that night. He still wasn't sure on what to say about it, and maybe acting ignorant would be the best for now.

Or so he'd thought.

"Hey. You look good today."

Upon seeing him standing by his side, Jimin's expression suddenly changed, eyes looking up as though worried while his lips pressed together tightly. His hand also clenched around the champagne glass he was holding, making it quite obvious that he was overwhelmed by the discomfort.