Chapter 13: Nature vs. Nurture

On a rooftop of a jewelry center, the alarms blared ringing throughout the building. Footsteps paced heading towards the rooftop as four men, decked in all black wearing ski masks across their faces to conceal their identities ran to the top of the building to make their escape.

As they made it to the roof, the leader upfront kicked down the door as the four ran out. In hand two of the men carried cases they contained the jewelry they had stolen, while they all carried firearms. Ahead on the helicopter pad, a helicopter waited for them so that they could leave without running into any trouble.

Unknown to them, they were just about to be confronted by who they were hoping to avoid. As the four men made their way over to the helicopter the leader reached back for one of the cases only for a web to be shot out through the air.

THWIP

As the web made contact with the case it was pulled back smacking the face of the man who held it as he fell to the ground. Before the other guy who stood behind him could react, he was suddenly snatched up from the floor by a mass of dark tendrils wrapping around his body like a cocoon before he disappeared out of thin air. The remaining men stared in shocked as they looked behind them.

Standing by the wall Dekiru leaned against the wall with his arms folded sitting beside Dekiru was the man he had snatched up unconsciously as he laid on the floor, and Spiderman sticking to the wall while holding the case that carried the jewelry.

Goon #1: Crap it's Spiderman!

Goon #2: What's he doing here? He's not supposed to be here!

The goon questioned sweating profusely underneath his mask as he stared at the two heroes across from them. The leader pulled out his gun as he aimed the barrel of his rifle at the two.

Goon #1: Doesn't matter blast em'!

He ordered as he pulled back the trigger. From his rifle shot out four metal balls that then activated spikes from within it. Flying through the air towards the two, Dekiru simply held up his hand as he summoned three tendrils of Black Whip to grab each ball before they could get close. From behind him, Spiderman leapt over his head before shooting a web at the barrel end of the gun preventing the goon from firing it anymore.

As he landed the other goon swung at him attempting to hit him in the head, though Spiderman proved to dodge faster than he could swing. He then went on to dodge every attack by the goon before he shot a web at his foot preventing him from moving. Dropping down to his hand he jumped over the goon as he flipped in the air before delivering a kick at the goon in charge.

Releasing a groan from his mouth as he stumbled back. Spiderman landed infront of him as he swung a right hook, then a left hook, and then a flip kick to the chest as he was sent flying back through the air. Quickly he shot a web at his chest before pulling back as he swung around and knocked the goon into the other goon sticking them together as they both fell to the ground.

As the person inside of the helicopter saw this he pressed a button on the control deck in order to take off, but out of his peripheral he caught a glimpse of green light flash. Turning his head to his right he saw Dekiru standing outside the helicopter as he waved. The man gulped as he closed his eyes as he was enveloped by Black Whip. With no pilot to control the helicopter it soon powered off as Dekiru threw the man onto the helicopter pad.

Looking up he saw two men were going to hit Spiderman with his back turned. Quickly he moved leaving behind a spark of green electricity where he stood, appearing behind the two goons as he kicked them across the head sending them flying into a pole as they were knocked unconscious. While they were distracted two of the goons slowly recovered from their attacks as they got up.