Chapter 12

Chapter 12. Kella

The pieces don't click. But at the same time- they just do. What Natasha is experiencing- it sounded just like what happened to me. That strange, almost supernatural feeling of seeing something unreal, but having people doubt it. It is not a feeling many have experienced.

Carolina did not get the implication. She sat there, blonde waves pouring over her shoulders, moving from that page to the next sandpapery one. 

To my diary,

All has been going well. After the incident of before, nothing so has happened again. My life has been continuing on its usual pace. Slow and steady.

The only thing worth noting is the strange disappearance of many around town. Besides that, it is all fine. That is what I tell myself. And that is what I will tell you now.

~Natasha Naomi Zlobinsky-Ravenwood

"Her experiences are so strange." My sister mused, running her fingers down the page. "Almost surreal, if I may say so myself."

"Yes." I dryly agreed. Carolina raised an eyebrow at my sarcastic tone, twisting her face until it mirrors my twitching lips and low eyebrows. A smile flickered inside of me but I kept my lips in the same pursed position. 

No matter what I tried to explain to the blonde, she would never understand my experiences. I highly doubted anybody in the school would understand my experiences. Except for one exception: Mariah Sharma. Since the day I met her, I had been curious about the scars lining her arms, neck, face, and everywhere. She perhaps had seen the same things that I had. 

"Should we keep reading?" Carolina gave a lazy yawn. 

"How about we sleep." I countered, closing the leather book, letting a cloud of dust float senselessly through the air, eyes lingering on the clock that displayed 12:45 a.m. My sister coughed and headed towards the door. "You're right, Kell. I'll go to bed. We'll talk later."

I shut the door and heaved a sigh as she departed my room. I flopped down on my bed, but sleep did not await my tired eyes. I rolled over and watched Eve, chest heaving up and down, smiling a full smile. I smiled back at her, wishing that she could see. Soon, my eyes shut and sleep enveloped me.

                                                                          ......................

"Hello."

Silky, pale blonde hair. Eyes almost like they are on fire, simple smile. Gown stitched with lacy delicacy. She is everything good about me, and none of the bad things. She is, to put it simply, perfect.

"Hello, Natasha." I know who she is. My subconscious mind knows who she is. And she is just how I imagined. Carolina, but less flirty and calmer. 

Her long waves bob in the wind. "Kella, there isn't much time." A haunted expression lies on her face.

"What is going on?" I question, not quite afraid, but surely hesitant. The sound of the wind and the birds in this distance is almost muted, somewhat like my beautiful ancestor has trapped us inside a glass bubble and we are floating across the world, just us. In our little paradise. 

"There is no more waiting to be done. You must do it quickly!" Her pale face turned into a ghostly white. 

"I must do what quickly?" I take a bouncy step towards her. She follows suit and elegantly comes closer to me until we are nearly touching, her warm breath crawling up my chilled bones.