Chapter 5

Jungkook and June were going to their hotel when June's stomach made a growl. June got embarrassed and said, " Well. I have another fact to say about me. Food gets easily digested in my stomach and I get hungry all the time, which makes me a big foodie!"
Jungkook chuckled and said, "I see. So, what's the food this foodie wants to eat?"
June said, "Anything. I am not that picky."
"What about chicken?" Jungkook asked.
"Why not!?" June yelled in excitement.
They sat in a cafe and ordered their food. But soon they saw two guys sat on a table beside them and continued to check out June and even teased June.
But that didn't go on for long because as soon as they started to check out June, Jungkook got up and grabbed a man's collar.
"Do you have a death wish?"
That enough for the man as he started to shake in fear. Then Jungkook grabbed his jaw and threw him on the ground.
Another guy tried to get Jungkook from behind but June grabbed the man's hair from behind and said,"Not so fast boy!".  Then she pulled his hair with force which made him stumble back and then without wasting a second she punched that  man which made him fall on the floor. Those men were still on the floor when Jungkook took June's hand and barged out of the cafe. Jungkook walked out from the cafe as anger was visible on his face. While walking behind Jungkook, June looked at Jungkook with a amused face.
"Did he just fight for me?" She thought as she continued to walk behind him. She noticed how Jungkook tightly got her hand in his hand, tight yet comforting.  She noticed how he clenched his jaw in anger. She knew that Jungkook can look scary when he is angry as she saw him scolding the maids for leaving her alone. But today he was looking too scary, as if his stares had the power to burn any person who is facing him. Scary yet attractive to June. She tried to control her emotions but her eyes unknowingly roamed on his face, shoulder, his back, his tattooed arm which was holding her hand and also which was covered by the sleeve of his shirt. Her breathing got uneven so she quickly lowered her eyes.
"Why am I feeling these things!? Was I checking him out a few seconds ago !?If I am not wrong then why don't I feel guilty that I checked him out!? I mean, I had feelings for James. But the feeling I am having right now is definately not the type of feeling I felt for James. Oh God what is happening with me!? Why are these feelings so confusing!?Wait! Am I getting unholy thoughts about him!? No! No! What am I thinking!? Oh God! How will I face Jungkook if I keep having these strange feelings!?" June was lost in her thoughts while walking with Jungkook.
Jungkook was walking angrily but then he stops as he controlled his anger and looked back as June. He saw June looking down as they stopped walking. Seems like June is lost in her thoughts. So he asked gentlely, " June? "
June still looked down as Jungkook's words didn't reach her.
"June? You okay!?" Jungkook said with a worried tone as he held her right shoulder.
The touch brought back June to reality and she slowly looked up as their eyes met. Jungkook noticed that the way June usually look at Jungkook was changed. It was kinda intense.
Unknowingly Jungkook's hand reached her right cheek which was on her shoulder as he went closer to her.
"June. Are you all right?" Jungkook asked with a calm yet worried tone.
June nodded and said in a low tone," I am fine. "
"I am sorry that you weren't able to enjoy food. Those bastards!" Jungkook said the last words with rage. But he calmed down as June grabbed his hand which was resting on her cheek.
She said, " It's not your fault. They deserved to be beaten like that. By the way. How was my punch? " June said with a chuckel as she raised her eyebrows, trying to lighten up the mood.
Jungkook chuckeld and said, "That was unexpected. But that was so satisfying. I must say Mrs. Jeon June has good fighting skill."
June chukcled at his compliment as she said, "Well. Mr. Jeon Jungkook does have excellent fighting skill too. Without any doubt." This made Jungkook chuckle.
"It's already night. Let's have dinner at hotel. Okay? We have to wake up early tomorrow to fetch the Yart. Okay?" Jungkook said with a lighten voice.
June nodded with a chuckle as they started to walk toward their hotel.
Jungkook didn't know why he got angry when they checked out June. Probably because she was his wife. It's his duty to protect her. But is it only duty or Jungkook felt any other feeling beside that? Jungkook thought those things as he walked with June. Then he slowly looked at June. As he looked at her, he suddenly had a urge to hug her while walking but he controlled his feelings as this might get June uncomfortable. So he didn't even ask June about permission as he continued to walk with her. June had a urge to hold Jungkook's strong arms as she wanted to feel the warmth of his hand. But she controlled her emotions as she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. So, she silently walked beside him.
They both walked beside each other as a unknown smile crept on their face which they tried to hide from each other. Jungkook wanted to make sure June was protected and June wanted to feel safe in the embrace of Jungkook.
Was the ice melting?
Hummmm..... Why do I feel love in the air? 🫢🫢