28| Sólo Quédate En Silencio

Gemma and Jenny had purposely gone to Big Belly Burger after the gala with Javier in hopes that if they stayed out long enough the Reyes would all be in bed by the time they got home

Gemma and Jenny had purposely gone to Big Belly Burger after the gala with Javier in hopes that if they stayed out long enough the Reyes would all be in bed by the time they got home. It wasn't that they were avoiding them all, it was more specifically trying to avoid Jaime. They Reyes had left the gala early undoubtedly tired from their flight, and although Gemma did feel a little guilt for avoiding them she also wasn't ready for any questions that they might ask. Gemma would rather deal with it all tomorrow than tonight when she was already too physically and mentally exhausted.

"Goodnight girls." Javier said as the car came to a stop in front of the mansion. It was a relief to see that all the lights were off, meaning that if they were lucky all the Reyes were asleep. "If you want Jaime kicked out call me I will do it gladly."

Gemma smiled knowing that Javier would really do it if she asked. Like Jenny he wasn't very fond about Jaime anymore, which was a bit of surprise considering that they two them used to get along so well. There had been nights when Gemma would come home to find Javier and Jaime drinking beers in front of the TV and watching soccer.

"I'll keep that in mind. Get home safe." Gemma said as she opened the car door and stepped out having completely forgotten how cold it was. Octobers in Metropolis tended to have the most rain and Gemma knew it was only a matter of time before it started raining.

Jenny and Gemma waited until he completely pullout of the driveway before walking up the steps to the door.

"Do you want to go get brunch tomorrow?" Jenny said softly as Gemma looked through her bag for the keys. They always got brunch anytime that Jenny visited.

"Brunch sounds good." Gemma said as she unlocked the door to the house secretly dreading to step inside but also so exhausted that she wanted to go to bed. Not to mention how badly her feet were killing her. "But I don't know about the bottomless mimosas I always get a terrible headache after."

Jenny stopped and although it was dark Gemma could see just how offended she was. "What's the point of brunch if we aren't doing bottomless mimosas?"

"True." Gemma said really not needing much to be convinced even though she really did get horrible headaches after. She paused for a moment have a moment having forgotten that the Reyes were staying over, but the black coat the she didn't recognize brought it all back. With that came the realization that maybe some to them would want to tag along to brunch, but that was something that she wanted to worry about later.