03| The Mad Scientist

Gemma had never stepped foot in a prison before, and Stryker's Island Penitentiary was no normal prison

Gemma had never stepped foot in a prison before, and Stryker's Island Penitentiary was no normal prison. The thought of stepping inside made her skin crawl, some of worst criminals in Metropolis were inside. The thought of being inside the same building as Metallo or Livewire made her sick.

The whole ferry ride to the island Gemma had attempted to convince herself that it was a bad idea. That she didn't need to see her father, that nothing good would come out of it. But she knew the truth not only did she want answers, she also wanted closure.

She stepped in the large visiting cell. It's dark grey walls made the room look somber, not that she expected anything else from a prison. The room was split in half by a large glass wall, there was a chair on both sides of the glass. The chairs were bolted down and it was obvious that a lot of thought went into designing the room.

Gemma decided to stand, knowing that she would not be able to sit still. She was too nervous and anxious for it, and she hoped her father would notice.

She felt her heart stop when the large iron door on the other side opened. Anthony Ivo stepped in followed my a prison guard who pulled him towards the singular chair on his side on the room.

He looked up to meet her eyes as they attached his chains to the ground, giving him enough room to sit down. Gemma tried not to react to the sight of him, but it was almost impossible not to.

The injuries he sustained when the Justice League had gone after him left him terribly disfigured. The handsome and charming tech genius now looked like the mister he was. The burns marks that covered the entirety of his face and most of his body left his unrecognizable.

Gemma looked away instinctively having forgotten the state he was in.

"Have to say I wasn't expecting a visit from my daughter." Anthony Ivo said calmly as he took a seat on chair that was in his side of the cell.

Gemma gathered her courage to look her father in the eyes again. "I'm here out of necessity. Not because I care."

"I'm set up very comfortably here. Thanks for asking." He replied instead as he leaned back in his chair, he seemed so relaxed or maybe he thought this was all a game.