16| Mi Corazoncito

Jenny and Gemma were sitting on the edge of what it was safe to assume was the bed of Jenny's parents

Jenny and Gemma were sitting on the edge of what it was safe to assume was the bed of Jenny's parents. Although she had tried to act as normal as possible as she gave Jaime her father's clothes, it was impossible for her to completely hide the way it was affecting her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Gemma questioned breaking the silence that had grown between them since Jaime had gone in the bathroom to change. She wasn't sure if Jenny would even want to talk about it. Gemma definitely knew that she hated talking about her father mostly, unfortunately it was a difficult topic for her to escape. The whole world knew what her father had done, it was impossible for her not to talk about it.

Jenny shook her head as she looked up as a large painting on the other side of the room. "Not really. It's hard not to think about her while I'm here."

"Do you want to talk about her?"

"She was great. She changed my dad's life. She was the one who taught him that the world is a place to protect." Jenny said softly, there were tears already building up in her eyes at the memory. It was an odd thing for memories to both be beautiful and yet cause so much pain. "But when my mom died, he... he really went adrift. He obsessed over the Scarab and he would disappear for days. Sometimes weeks. And one day, he... he left and... didn't come back."

Jenny hadn't gotten much into the reason why her father had began obsessing over the Scarab. That it was her mother's death that had caused her father to spiral, and although it was selfish of her Gemma couldn't help but think about her father. About for similar Jenny's life had been to her own. .

"I think they, uh... I think they fit.And they're comfy, too, so..." Jaime started as he stepped out of the bathroom he had just started zipping up the blue jacket when he froze and realized that they had been in the middle of a conversation.

Jenny quickly brushed away her tears as stood up. "Good. I'm going to go see if Rudy needs anything."

Before Gemma could even try to protest Jenny was already leaving the room eager to leave. Unfortunately for Gemma the last thing that she wanted was to be alone with Jaime, after what had happened earlier it still felt weird between them.