27| How Did It End?

Five Months Ago

Gemma stepped out of the shower already feeling like she was running behind on getting ready. She had stopped by the tailer to pick up her dress and Jaime's tux. Jenny was supposed to help her get ready but her flight got delayed meaning that she needed to get ready on her own, and it always took her so long to get ready. 

She immediately got to doing her hair and makeup which she admittedly wasn't the best at and wondered if maybe she should have asked for Brenda's help to get ready. But that almost felt a little selfish considering that she had given Brenda the day so that she could get ready for the event too. 

"Hey." Jaime said as he stepped into the room, he looked a little sweaty and she could only assume that he had been of being Blue Beetle, so she really couldn't be upset that he was late. He had a bag in his hands as he walked over to her placing  "Sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry about it I picked up your tux." Gemma said with a smile as she used her makeup brush to point to the tux handing in the corner. 

"Mom and abuela made tamales." Jaime said as he placed the bag on the vanity in front of her. The bag had enough for her to eat for at least a couple of days, and Gemma hadn't even realized that she had skipped lunch until the smell of tamales filled the room the moment she opened the bag. "You always forget to eat."

"Thank you." Gemma said making a mental note to thank his mom too later that night. She never failed to always send her food anytime that she could. "I'll eat while you take a shower or else we're going to be late." 

It wasn't long before they were both fully dressed for the gala and although they were going to be a little late it wasn't too much of a big deal. Tom was probably already at the venue charming all the attendees and make sure she wasn't too missed. 

"Oh I almost forgot." Gemma said as she grabbed her purse pulling out a velvet box that she had been excited to give him all day. Opening it she turned it towards Jaime for him to see, and immediately his eyes widened as he recognized the object inside. "I finally got your dad's watch fixed."