13

Of course, why had she been neglecting the two of them until now? Jennie looked at the letter again before putting it in the mailbox.

The letter had been recently written, with a faint lingering scent on the paper. Probably at least within the last few months... Maybe he wrote it right before going out for this subjugation. Jennie could guess why he had only recently prepared a letter to his lover, and that he used the Wade's seal rather than Lampard's.

If he really loved someone, he would have wanted to confess his love as Taehyung Wade and not as Taehyung Lampard. She would have done the same if she were Taehyung.

Her heart went cold. Jennie's hand trembled slightly as she closed the mailbox.

Jennie never had a lover nor did she ever intend to have a lover during her marriage, and neither did Taehyung. No, she merely assumed that it was the same. Instead, Taehyung may have had a woman in his heart.

However, as far as Jennie knew, Taehyung only went back and forth between the palace and to go subjugate monsters with a group of knights full of men, did not have time to meet women separately.

Except for one person. Taehyung's lieutenant Jake Mason was Georgia's younger brother. Was it any coincidence that Taehyung had chosen Jake as his lieutenant? Was Count Mason, who hosted a party to boost the morale of the knights every month, targeting Taehyung, and not to form connections with the knights?

She had a headache. Jennie frowned unconsciously. As Taehyung grabbed the mailbox, he looked intently at Jennie's face, which was frozen in place, before opening his mouth.

"Jennie."

"......."

Jennie didn't answer. She furrowed her brow and was deep in thought as she looked only at the mailbox. Taehyung called her name once more.

"Jennie."

"Yes?"

Then Jennie lifted her head as if she had come to her senses.

"Are you still not feeling well?"

"Ah...."

She could see Taehyung furrowing his eyebrows. But he didn't seem angry. He instead seemed concerned.

A big hand approached her. It looked like he was trying to put his hand on her forehead to check for a fever. But Jennie pretended not to see his hand and avoided it. She quickly turned away from him and left the letter intended for another person in the mailbox in its original place."There is no pain. I'm fine."

"......."

An awkward silence pervaded the study. Only the sound of Jennie wrinkling her dress and her tense breathing echoed in silence.

How should she leave? All she could think about was going into her room right away and crying.

But soon, Taehyung's lips twitched open and slowly opened.

What was he trying to say? Is he determined to get his memories back soon? Or will he say that he loves her even if he don't remember?

The former was something Jennie didn't want, and the latter was a blatant lie. She didn't want to hear either.

"Jennie, I...."

"......."

No, don't say it... !

At that moment, someone knocked on the library door. Fortunately for Jennie, Taehyung's mouth was shut tight at the same time. She quickly called the person outside the door.One of the servants announced Lieutenant Jake's visit. Thinking about it, he was supposed to come today. He was Georgia's younger brother. Jennie forcibly smiled.