24. THE HIDDEN TRUTH

Today is the weekend, and I did not have breakfast

I informed mom about going to meet up with my bestie and having breakfast together as we promised each other. If I did not go now, she will be upset.

After driving for an hour, I finally reached the cafe. She could have chosen a nearby cafe, but Kiara, madam, has standards, so she definitely chose the most aesthetic cafe.

Upon entering, I saw her sitting at a corner table, lost in thought, which is not like her - something must have happened.

I snapped my fingers and exclaimed 'bhoo'.

She looked at me and put her hand on her chest, startled.

"What the heck, Eshu... you scared me," she exclaimed.

"God, I was meeting my bestie after so many days, itna toh banta hai na" I replied, taking a seat opposite her.

(I can do at least this right)

We both ordered and waited for our food, and in the meantime, I inquired, "What happened, Ira? You can tell me, hmm?"

She started fidgeting with her fingers and stuttered, "I, woh... actually... I..." I reassured her that everything was fine, poured some water into a glass, and started drinking.

"I...woh..... I kissed someone", she said while her eyes squeezed shut .

As she spoke, I suddenly spluttered water everywhere and began coughing.

She came over and gave me a pat on the back. I looked at her, shocked that my forever single bestie had actually kissed someone.

"Who?" I asked feeling curious.

"I...I don't know," she replied.

"What the.....", I couldn't believe it.

"Eshu, I don't remember. I just went out to a club and I don't know who I kissed because I was too drunk," she explained.

"Then why are you stressing over a kiss? Forget it. It's not like you have feelings for that person or you are going to meet the perosn," I reassured her, knowing she wasn't one to make a big deal about a kiss based on her personality. However, she seemed lost in some thoughts.

"I don't know mujhe kya ho rha hai something is happening aankh band kro toh woh kiss saamne aati hai I feel attracted towards that person whom I kissed and I need to find out," she admitted in one breath.

(I don't know what's happening. Whenever I close my eyes, that kiss comes to mind. I feel attracted to the person I kissed, and I need to find out)

"That's why you were crying that night."

"No, that was my first day of my menses and I was having mood swings at their peak, plus I saw myself kissing someone in my dream but his face was blurry," she explained.