20 ~ Truth and Plans

Mahir's Pov~

I was at the airport right now Yeah, I don't even know why but I want to see Aakriti. I'm missing her so much and I don't know why but I just want to see her once. I have not been feeling good since a few days. She told me about her family before too so my Negative thoughts are eating me from inside. When we talked last time on call her voice sounded different anyways maybe I'm thinking too much.

I sat on my seat in the plane and waited Patiently to reach Delhi ugh okay I acted patiently.

Pov ends~

Delhi~

Aakriti was standing in front of her mother looking at her in disbelief trying to process everything she just spoke.
"w..what?", She asked with wide eyes.
"He is a good guy, also this is your age to get married Aakriti talk to him once", Her mother spoke.

"Mom do you even know what you are saying?", Aakriti raised her voice a little and tried to control her tears which were just about to fall from her eyes.
Her dad looked at both of them and then held Aakriti's shoulder.
"Aakriti beta...See I know this is so sudden but try to understand, I will never want-",
Her dad tried to make her understand but Aakriti cut his words.

"No...Dad I c.. can't marry him please..how y'all thought about all this without even talking to me once... atleast you could have talked to me dad I don't expected this f..from you", Aakriti said and took a few steps back removing her father's hand from her shoulder's.

She took a deep breath and looked at both of her parents and spoke in a cracking voice, "I ain't staying here even a minute more... I'm leaving for Mumbai...Also Dad I want to talk about something important to you".
" Aakriti!! You ain't going anywhere", Her mother spoke angrily.

Aakriti didn't care and started to pack her bag angrily. Her mother walked towards her angrily and held her arm to stop her from packing her bag.
"If you went away this time na I swear you'll see my dead face.. I ain't even kidding I'm very serious". Aakriti looked at her in disbelief with teary eyes.

"Arey bas kijiye...Please...Mrs.Sharma I ain't marrying him even If I had to see your dead face to compensate for it...I ain't even kidding", Aakriti said and wiped her tears quickly.
" What is it so important that's stopping you from getting married huh", Mrs. Sharma asked.

"Do you love someone else?", Her father asked suddenly out of the blue and Aakriti's attention turned to him.

Aakriti's Pov~

I really didn't want to talk about Mahir in these conditions and situations but they left me with no other choice. My heart was sinking deeper and deeper at the moment. I took a deep breath and wiped my tears before walking towards my dad.
"Y..Yes...I do love someone and I love him so much dad", I said.

My dad looked at me and raised his eyebrows in a questioning way. I walked back forth around the room while fidgeting with my fingers and suddenly my phone started to ring. I stopped on my tracks and picked up my phone only to find Mahir calling me. I can't talk to him right now so I switched off my phone cause I know if I won't pick the call he'll get worried and keep calling.

Many thoughts rushed through my mind and finally I turned towards my dad.
"Dad I do have a boyfriend and we have been in a relationship for a long time...He is a great guy and we both met at Shruti's wedding in Mumbai. I wanted to talk about this at a good time but...P.. Please I can't marry him", I spoke and words came out from my mouth hardly.

My mom was already staring at me angrily from a distance but I cared less. I kept looking at my father with hopeful eyes. He held my hands softly and caressed my head before speaking,
"You are so grown up now that you didn't even tell me about this before huh, You thought I'll not understand you or what, Aakriti you are my daughter and I love you the most, I'll never force you for anything which you don't want", He said.

When I heard these words from his mouth I felt like some heavy stone had finally been removed from my heart. I felt calm and relaxed. He smiled at me and I just couldn't help but to shed some tears.
"Who is this guy th-", He was about to speak but my mom interrupted.

"Have you gone crazy Girl!? , You know na Anirudh is sitting downstairs to meet you, What he'll think huh have you ever thought about my self respect and dignity...I don't care if you love someone or not but my respect and image is more important and I can't let you ruin it...Hear my one thing I have a name in the society and that guy sitting downstairs is someone you can't even imagine getting married with", She spoke.

Sometimes I feel like she doesn't talk she spits anything. Should I just pull her hair and- ugh stop Aakriti. I rolled my eyes at her and started to walk out of the room.

Pov ends~

Mumbai-
Author's Pov

Mrs. Singhaniya was walking around the hall and calling Ved but she heard no response.
"Vedd...Hey bhagwan ye ladka, Vedanshh", Mrs. Singhaniya called again.
"Mom he is not at home, he left for hospital early", Shruti spoke while walking towards her with a cup of tea.
" Arey Arey what are you doing here beta..You should rest", Mrs.Singhaniya spoke and took the cup from her.

"Sit down...Did you have food and medicines huh?", Mrs. Singhaniya asked and Shruti nodded with a smile.
"Mom I get bored in the room", Shruti Said with a little pout.
" Accha fine but you won't do any work for now okay?", Mrs.Singhaniya spoke and Shruti nodded.
" Aajkal Ved ki jyada emergency meetings nahi ho rahi?", Mrs.Singhaniya spoke in a teasing voice and Shruti giggled.

" You are right, He is planning something Mom", Shruti spoke and soon realised what she said.
" No..I..I mean...Doct...Doctors really are very busy na mom so..", Shruti said quickly and Mrs.Singhaniya nodded.
"Accha let me know when he comes... today we'll go to the temple then", Mrs. Singhaniya spoke and Shruti nodded.

On the other hand-
Ved's Pov~
I was sitting in a cafe and thinking something. I was lost in my own thoughts until I heard bhai's voice..
"Ved? Kya soch raha hai?", Nishant asked and took a sip of coffee.
"Bhai what do you think what should I do?", I asked.
"What should you do? Oho don't take stress everything would go smoothly", Nishant said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Bhai...I want to do something special and unique you know", I said and Nishant hit my head slowly.
"Arey...Bhai tell na", I asked again and took a sip of the coffee.
"You are the first guy who is scared and stressed to talk to his own girlfriend for a proposal", Nishant said while laughing.
"Should I just keep it simple...Nah that's boring..Then should I just take her out on a plane and then land on the roof of a restaurant and- ugh shut up Ved what am I even talking about ", I said and ruffled my hair before taking a deep breath.

Le author in the corner giving side eye after hearing Ved. The plane is fine but why the heck would you land on the roof of restaurant-

"Accha you think I'll have to leave now", Nishant spoke while looking at the watch.
"Then drop me to the hospital on the way I'm coming with you", I spoke.
We both walked out of the cafe and sat in the car. Nishant started driving and I kept thinking about how to propose to her the whole way.
Pov ends~

Author's Pov~
Avni was standing in front of the hospital and waiting for Ved to arrive. Her eyes fell on a group of children who were standing in front of golgappa's cart. A small smile crept around her lips and she kept looking at them. One of the little boys looked at her and smiled with his mouth full of golgappa, he called her with his little hand and Avni giggled while walking towards them.

She too joined them and soon Ved arrived at the hospital. Not finding avni there he dialed her number and heard her phone ringing nearby. His sight moved towards the voice and he found Avni eating golgappe with a group of children.
"How can someone be so pretty", He said to himself and kept staring at her.

Her hairs were swaying in the air and her expressions changed every time she put a golgappa in her mouth. Ved walked towards her and stood behind her.
"Akele akele huh?", He said in her ears and Avni flinched after suddenly hearing his voice. She turned around and glared at him. Her mouth was filled with golgappa.
"You look like a pufferfish", Ved said and laughed.

Avni finished her eating and then spoke, "Even you look like a blobfish have I ever complained". Ved looked at her in disbelief. " You were late so I thought..", Avni said. "You looked a cute pufferfish tho", Ved said and avni smiled at him.
"Where were you ?", Avni asked while walking with him.
"With Nishant Bhai", Ved replied and they both walked inside the hospital.
.
.
.
.
.
<3