Chapter 10

It was difficult for me to say these things on my own because I've been timid since I was a child. It was partly due to my brother's strong personality, but it had already become my nature for the time being. My father, who overcame hardship to become a high-ranking government official was not timid, and neither was my mother. I'm not sure why. I was not only timid, but I was also easily scared.

Perhaps it was because of this that I had so many friends who were similar to me. Although Jung Ji-pil was a bit of an unusual case, in fact, he was also weak against strong people. I used to think that if I met someone, it would be nice if it was someone who could lead me well because the only people I mix with were gentle people. Even if there was no ideal type, this was certain. For example...

"Hand."

Lim Dae-han said as he extended his hand. I checked to see if sweat was forming in the palm of my hand, then placed my hand on it. Dae-han stroked my hand. It was a little weaker than the first time, but the grip was so strong that even though the strength had been reduced, the pain was similar.

"It hurt. Don't hold my hand like that."

I tried to pull out my hand, but it was useless. When I turned my head around, I could smell the faint smell of cigarettes on Dae-han. It also had a lavender scent to it. I think he sprayed something before coming to see me, but the smell of cigarettes was so strong that I could still smell it.

But he didn't have a very bad scent. It also went well with Dae-han.

Lim Dae-han wiggled his fingers. The hand that was holding my hand lost a little more strength. Knowing that I had said enough for myself, I didn't say anything else.

"Did you study hard?"

Lim Dae-han asked a question that my father would never ask. "Yeah," I said. My palms were heating up. It has been a few weeks since we walked together. I'm getting used to it. The path we took together, as well as the conversation I had with Dae-han. Even though he and I both went to school in the morning and evening, we didn't do everything together. Lim Dae-han did the night self-study on the days he wanted to, but not on the days he didn't.

I didn't insist on studying together either. To be honest, being in the same classroom as Dae-han was a headache. Then I couldn't focus on that day. Well, even if Dae-han didn't do night self-study, we left school together. Lim Dae-han would spend time somewhere and wait for me in front of the back gate by the end of the night self-study. Then I walked down the alley, clutching my hand tightly.

Lim Dae-han kept his promise. He waited for me at 7:15 in the morning and went to school with me, who left 20 minutes early. Holding hands was only in the evening. There were times when we entered the classroom together, and there were times when we parted in front of the school gate for the nonsensical reason that he had to rest after having a sleepy face. The following day, Dae-han did not attend class in the morning and arrived at school only after lunchtime, approaching me and saying.

"Let's go have lunch together."

Then Jung Ji-pil became upset next to me. He was openly huffing now, but he didn't really care about Dae-han. Sometimes I patted Jung Ji-pil on the head, but it clearly contained ridicule and disregard, so Jung Ji-pil set the tone even higher.

Anyway, this was how I spent every single day. I didn't have much of a conversation with Dae-han, but I appreciated having someone around me on my way to and from school. It was new because I had never gone home with my friends before. I don't even carry earphones anymore. That doesn't mean that Dae-han was a friend, but anyway...

I had a flat daily life in my own way, which was both scary and enjoyable with Dae-han. As time went by quickly, the exam period was just around the corner. Our school's final exam was held later than other schools'. Many schools begin exams in early July, but we did not take the exam until mid-July. I wiggled my fingers and scratched Lim Dae-han's palm.