Chapter 23

I walked as if I were running. Lim Dae-han was standing tall at the back gate, under a street lamp. Even at night, the air was hot. I sweated and ran out of breath despite the fact that I ran a bit.

It was difficult to deal with the sticky air of a midsummer night. I had packed my belongings for the weekend's study ahead of time, and my bag was heavy. However, as I got closer to Lim Dae-han, my steps became lighter. I approached him, who was standing tall on the street late at night, alone.

"Did you run?"

"Yeah, it's hot..."

I wiped the sweat on my forehead. He handed me what he was holding in his hand. It was a fan that was held in one hand. Lim Dae-han grabbed the bag that was wrapped around my back and carried it for me.

"I can carry it on my own..."

I protested a little. However, he did not even pretend to listen. There was a smell that touched my nose at the time. I took a sniff around. Lim Dae-han retreated to the side slowly.

"Don't tell me you've been drinking?"

"..."

This smell was clearly alcohol. Since my brother drinks alcohol often, I knew that one or two bottles didn't smell like this. He turned his head away. There was nothing different from usual except for the smell. Lim Dae-han drinks alcohol when playing with friends... It was far more interesting than chatting with me in a cafe while looking sideways.

However, Lim Dae-han did not respond to my words. Instead, he pointed his chin at the fan in my hand.

"Turn on the fan."

I turned on the fan. It was quite cool for a palm-sized subject. "Aaaaa..."? I made a long noise with my mouth on the fan. The sound was not as loud as it was with the large fan. I also positioned the fan behind my neck and on my face. The heat of the skin that was about to sweat dissipated. I took a deep breath and asked.

"Where did you get this?"

"I borrowed it."

"Did you steal it?"

Lim Dae-han was upset as he looked at me. Unknowingly, a smile emerged from within me. Lim Dae-han asked what I was laughing about when I burst out laughing. The sadness melted away like snow.

"Are you taking me home?"

I looked up at Lim Dae-han and asked. Lim Dae-han stretched his neck as if the strap was too tight.

"No, we're going to my house."

"..."

The steps came to a halt where they were. It was on the verge of hardening. Lim Dae-han, who had been walking before, approached and grabbed my hands. His thick fingers dug in between my fingers.

"Let's go."

Lim Dae-han led me with a voice that did not contain any affection at all.? I was drawn to him but did not respond. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't think of anything to say. It is now 8:30 p.m. Anyone who did not work at night had already gone home to rest. There had to be his parents, and we were walking down the alley in the back door. Jaecheon-dong was nearer to the main gate.

Are we going to go out to the main street and take a taxi?

I followed Lim Dae-han while thinking in my head to consider as many possibilities as possible. Lim Dae-han, on the other hand, was simply leading me silently with no explanation.

Lim Dae-han arrived at a villa close to the school's back gate. This location provided an opportunity for me and Lim Dae-han to be properly intertwined. The same villa where I was panting after leaving school because the air conditioner broke down about a month ago and ran into Dae-han. Lim Dae-han was living there.