Chapter 5

It was that exact moment that an older man decided to walk into the main area of the club house from a long hallway, his hair was naturally brown, but it was whiter than his original colour with only a few streaks of the dark colour residing in the short snow tresses, following him was two other men. One who was tall with the same facial features as the grey-haired man, he probably stood around 6'2 with dark brown hair that was cut short alike to the other man who I assumed was his father. The third man was beautiful, the tallest of the three but shorter than Chaos, with long sandy coloured hair that was long and had a slight messy wave to it, he had a stubble that not only suited his face perfectly but perfectly showed off his sharp jawline. All three of them had a leather cut on and all three had an air of power and authority rolling off them.

"What the fucks going on here?" the older man asked as he looked over the crowd who were looking in between both Vermont and him. It was just then that all three men turned their attention to her, their eyes all following the same pattern starting at her face and ending on Vermont's blood-soaked body, except the third man's eyes lingered a little longer.

"This is the woman that Maggie called in about" Chaos said, his words curt and the lighter tone he had used with Vermont was completely washed away and instead replaced by something cold and hard. She eyed him before turning back to the three men.

The older guy nodded before stepping closer and assessing the young girl further, his eyes were narrowed as he tried to understand the situation but seemingly couldn't.

"Why don't you follow me to my office?" he asked her, and she looked up to Chaos who was looking back down at her, with a slight tip of his head Vermont decided that it would probably be best seeing as she was certain that the greying man was the president of the club.

She walked up to him, her boots the only sound that echoed in the club house until she stopped only a foot away from him, at this point she got a better look at all three of them. She didn't cower away from their eye contact instead she stared back, letting them know she wasn't just a girl, and she wasn't there to be bossed around and put back into a cage. She would never be.

Without any words being exchanged he turned his back to Vermont and walked back down the hall he emerged from, the second guy following him before Vermont followed and then the third guy went behind her, sandwiching her in, letting her know she couldn't run.

They reached an office that was large and had three seats, one large one behind the desk and two sitting facing the desk, the desk was incredibly masculine with dark leathers and a woodsy aroma flowing from it however it was personalised with images covering the walls of the club and its members, portraying the president's deep loyalty to his club.

She watched as the president and the short dark-haired guy took seats at the desk, the older behind and the younger in the chair opposite to the one that she supposed she was meant to fill. Instead, she stood away from the desk and away from all three of the men, which they didn't fail to notice.

The third guy who was the most buff and from the skin that was exposed, seemed to be covered in tattoos stood in front of the now closed door, once more caging her in and making her feel like a trapped animal.

The president broke the silence just as Vermont went to talk.

"What are you doing in this town?", "do they need to be here?".

The room went quiet.

"Will you talk if they leave?" the older man asked which caused the two other man to look at him strangely, almost arguing with their eyes.

"I'll say as much as I'm comfortable with" Vermont replied to which he nodded and gave the two men a hard stare, the short haired man went to argue but the older fixed him with a glare which shut him up. Without so much as a word both the short haired man and the larger attractive man left the room and closed it, although Vermont knew they wouldn't trail too far away and were probably standing outside the door.

"Would you like to explain how you ended up here" he asked her, and she tilted her head at the question before taking a seat, her leg immediately starting to bounce and jitters coursed through her body. He eyed her.

"I rode a bike, aimed for Vermont, ended up here" she said curtly, and he stared at her more inquisitively.

"Whose blood is that?", "people who deserved to die".

He nodded, not making any move to ask more questions.

"Are you on the run?" he asked, she thought it best to be curt and honest just in case they found her and tracked her down to here, she wouldn't bring innocent people into this mess, "yes".

"From whom?" he asked, and she shook her head at him, steeling her eyes, "I won't be here long enough for you to need that information" she replied, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you need help?" he asked her, and she looked at him almost surprised, "I have myself" she responded, "would you like some help" he then offered to which she shook her head in a wordless answer, "can I at least offer you somewhere to shower and stay whilst your wounds heal?" he then compromised, and Vermont mulled it over. She did need to sleep, and a shower was what she was itching for, plus it wouldn't hurt right? Right?

"Okay" she said, and the older man smiled at her.