Chapter 13

Vermont stands and makes her way calmly but quickly out of the room before Tank can even process that she's moved.

"Vermont! Wait!" Tank calls out to her, she can hear his chair scraping against the wooden floors, "Vermont! Listen to me" he tries to tell her, his voice echoing down the hallway.

She makes it to the foyer, just as Hades comes out of the kitchen holding a plate stacked with food and a large glass of orange juice.

"I made you some pancakes" Hades tells Vermont as he holds the plate lower so she can see the stack, her eyes barely skim them before she starts skipping the steps of the stairs, she's nimble and far too fast for the men to catch up.

"Vermont?" Hades calls but she doesn't answer, his voice turning into just another voice joining the melody of calls that Tank started.

She grips the small lonesome silver key on her dresser as she makes it to the blank room at the end of the hall and thrusts it into the small hole, locking the white door behind her. If she had time, she might wait, take a breath of the clean air free from the must of the basement, she might take in the sheet and blankets that she had never had before, the mattress that made like she was sleeping on clouds.

But she didn't have time and the threat loomed larger than ever. Even if the cartel wasn't here, she had already overstayed her welcome, if the bikers knew that meant she was here for to long and they had become a liability.

Pushing into the small room she knocks into the furniture as withdrawal tremors and adrenaline course through her. She trips as she shoves her feet through the holes of her freshly washed jeans, stumbles as she flings her old leather jacket onto her back. A fresh break of sweat covers her forehead as she laces the black boots that cut up her feet only mere days ago, the fresh blisters groaning as she confines them once more.

She can hear the pounding on the door, hear them call her, but their actions and words fall on deaf ears. Vermont is no longer the girl who forgot where she came from and who she's running from as she lounged on that chair, she's the girl who was strung out and locked in a cell, she's the girl who was beat into submission until the drugs were the only thing that kept her alive, she was the girl who was forced to kill and became greedy for more blood.

She was stupid for letting a rowdy group of bikers and a pretty face allow her to stay, she was a bomb just waiting to go off and she wouldn't be here when she did.

Fully dressed and clad in her leathers she grips the doorknob and takes a deep breath. With a soft click of the lock the banging and shouting stops and the place goes silent.

Reaching for the stolen money in her pocket she cuts a small stack and curls it into her fist before opening the door.

"Vermont" the name comes out almost pleadingly, and she finds the green eyes that she found so calming staring deeply into her own, the bear sized man begs with just his eyes. But she didn't know what he was begging for, why would he be begging? She was just a orphaned addict with a bloodlust and a killing streak a mile long.

"Thank you for your hospitality but I won't be needing it anymore" she says as she looks over to Tank, but he holds the same look in his eyes, for some reason it's worse when she sees it on his barely aged face, so instead she stares between the men and toward the stairs.

Handing the money out to Tank she doesn't wait for him to grab it before she starts moving, her lithe body turning sideways to fit between the two heavily muscled bodies, she makes it past Hades room and is nearly at the stairs when she's pulled back and held above the floor, two tattooed arms wrap around her stomach.

"Sweetheart, don't" the voice breathes into her ear, but it doesn't matter who's behind her, doesn't matter that he's the familiar face with the lovely mother, doesn't matter that his eyes are greener than any grass she had ever seen, it doesn't matter that deep down she knows he doesn't want to hurt her.

All she knows in that moment is that he is a huge man, with enough muscles to kill her with his bare hands, and he's restricting her from leaving, she's being held hostage again, her freedom controlled once again.

And Vermont goes feral. 

-------

ahahahahahhaahahha

once again....

should I leave you on the cliffhanger or is that too mean?

maybeeeee... 

are you ready for Vermont to go feral? 

spoiler alert: I am

bye for now!!

Em :)