Peters shines on the football field

A lecture-free week they called it. I was taken aback when a class was scheduled at 11 am this morning. To be honest, I was not prepared. As a student chasing first-class honors, I have cultivated the mindset of a Spartan warrior, ensuring I never allow the lackadaisical schedule of lectures to get to me.

I rushed my way to school, only to discover that the class had been canceled. Cheerful Lizzy had already saved a seat for me! Anyways, my mind was pacified when my course rep announced that the president of our department had organized an orientation class for us at the conducive Faculty of Education.

The orientation program was enlightening, bringing a beautiful smile to my face as the experienced president gave clues on how to survive the Wuthering Heights (UNILAG) and win the favor of its tenacious lecturers. After the meeting, with joy resonating in our souls, Lizzy and I went to the mighty and affable Miss Abs at the Faculty of Arts. Something happens every time when I visit Miss Abs; her friends have this amusing way of greeting me that always leaves me a bit bewildered. We will talk about this another day.

When we got there, we were joined by Feyisayo, the lady who hosted a party the previous week and treated us to sumptuous meals. Feyi came with souvenirs to appreciate us for honoring her invitation; she is such a lovely soul.

When we finished our chit-chat, we left for the field. On our way, Feyi left the company to attend a class. Lizzy and Miss Abs followed me to the field to watch me play football. I didn't disappoint, as Miss Abs was in awe of my mesmerizing football skills. She couldn't hide the joy when she saw the greatness and composure I exuded on the football field. I scored a beautiful solo goal! And we left for home.