A Day of Victory

How incomplete my university experience would be if I didn't tell you about this day! Prior to this day, I had sent a video to NUESA stating my intention to become the one-day faculty president. This was done ahead of the grand faculty orientation program for new students. I would be pitted against other students to vie for this position. Our videos would be posted, and the three students with the highest number of votes would be selected to compete for a cash prize and the one-day head of the faculty. I thought the selection was not going to happen again, as I didn't see any videos on NUESA's page; I gave up. However, to my greatest surprise, on the day of the orientation event, I discovered that our videos had been posted. I found out when I walked into the hall prepared for the event. Other contestants had been aware and had been garnering votes. My video was a desolate island on NUESA's page. Through my ever-supportive friends and loving family, I was able to pull off a comeback. I ended up having the highest votes. I sent links to them, and they didn't waste time! That day marked the start of my friendship with Amori, as she was like a gift from God.

It's worth mentioning that Amori wasn't the only one who made an impact. I'm still struggling to find words to describe the electric atmosphere when I was called to the stage alongside the other two contestants. As I stepped forward, the energy in the room was palpable. I felt overwhelmed with love and support as nearly a quarter of the audience erupted in applause, thundering through the hall when my name was announced.

The contestants and I were tested on our knowledge of the Faculty of Education's administration. As newcomers to this field, we struggled to answer the questions. However, at the end of the competition, Grace Favour emerged as the winner. Moyinoluwa took second place, and I, Peters, secured third position. I received a pack of Close-Up toothpaste and a cash prize of 10,000 naira. My classmates captured the memorable moments of that day through photographs. Praise be to God!