Chapter Six: The Best Day

Elizabeth's pov

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a couple times to get used to the light. "What the fuck..." I mumbled to myself, the memories of last night blurry.

My eyes darted all over the room in a panic before they settled on a picture frame of... Taylor Swift and her family? Fuck! I completely forgot! I'm in Taylor Swifts house! I did start to slowly calm down a little bit after knowing that I'm not in a serial killers house or anything. But then again, I'm in the house of the most famous pop singer in the world.. and my personal idol! This felt like some sort of fever dream. Like I was the main character of a fanfiction for some reason.

I glanced over at the clock on the nightstand. 9:13. I didn't wanna keep laying in bed but I didn't wanna get up before Taylor does. That's when I remembered, Taylor told me last night that she gets up at around eight to start breakfast. So she should be up. If she's not, I'll just come back up here and check again later.

I threw the light blue blanket off of my body and stretched my limbs out like a cat before hopping out of bed. I looked around for clothes before realizing this isn't where I live so I'm probably not gonna have any clothes.

With a sigh, I walked out of the room and tried to navigate my way to the kitchen. When I got to the thousandth hallway, I smelt the aroma of pancakes and my mouth started to water. So like any person would do, I followed the smell of food.

When I got to the kitchen, I saw Taylor Swift standing in front of a stove, flipping pancakes. Wow, that is not a sentence I ever thought I'd say.

"Hey, sweetheart! Good morning!" Taylor greeted me with a warm smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Good morning." I replied, sitting down at the kitchen island.

"So, I wasn't sure exactly what you like, but I made pancakes, bacon, and eggs. If you don't want to eat it, you don't have to though." She flipped the last pancake on the plate, next to the eggs and bacon. She came over to me and set the plate down in front of me. I haven't had pancakes in a good couple of years and these ones looked amazing.

I waited patiently for Taylor to finish the breakfast before she brought it over to me and set it down in front of me. "Awesome, thanks!" I smiled, grabbing the silverware to dig into the pancakes. "No problem, sweetie."

It felt as if I was in heaven the whole breakfast. I can't remember the last time I had a relaxing breakfast with no one rushing around or taking food of my plate. I also can't remember the last time I had breakfast that I actually enjoyed.

"So, I called your orphanage this morning." Taylor said, and my mood started to sour a little bit. Damn it, I hated that I pretended this was my normal life for a second.

I nodded, trying to make it look like I wasn't hoping she'd forget. "Okay, and what happened?"

"I mean, it took a while 'cause they didn't seem to care about anything I was saying, but they told me I could drop you back off anytime." She replied and I nodded, yep, sounds about right.

"Okay, sounds good." I replied, although I definitely wasn't excited about going back to that place.

"So, I was thinking, I could drop you off after breakfast or we could just chill for the day here and I could drop you off after dinner, maybe? If you don't want to then that's totally fine! It was just a suggestion." She smiled awkwardly while I was trying not to burst from excitement.

"Uhm, yeah. I wouldn't mind hanging out with Taylor Swift all day." I replied, trying to act cool although I don't think it worked 'cause Taylor chuckled. "Unless, you have singer things to do? 'Cause I don't wanna stand in the way if you're working on TS12 or Rep Tv or something." I shrugged and Taylor shook her head. "I mean, I'm always working on music, but my tour just ended and I came to Nashville for some relaxation and stress free time. You have nothing to worry about." She replied.