Chapter 1

It was good to be back. I’ve been missing this festive atmosphere.
My second home, where you have the best fans in the world and the most talented players on any football team (I might be biased here), Liverpool, I miss you.

I was back from a deeply needed trip from my natal home. My country is one of the most beautiful places on earth, if you love beaches, of course. I was the kind of person who would never leave their beloved country, but when I received an offer two years ago to join not only one of the best clubs in the world but also my team, I couldn't refuse this opportunity. My dad actually convinced me; he was more eager than me to leave. I was happy but anxious at the same time; it was an unknown territory, a completely opposite world compared to my little island. Fortunately, after these two years of working with them, I can proudly say that they are my family now. Everyone is so kind and warm, the staff, the players all of them are incredibly sweet people. My one favorite person in my heart will always be my boss tho, Jurgen Klopp. This man is the epitome of a gentle giant. I will forever admire and respect him for wearing his heart on his sleeve.
He is a dad to all of us coming from the corners of this earth.

After two and a half months, I was glad to see them again. Last year was tough on me; all kinds of troubles were piling on me, as if they were attracted to me. I suffered from burnout as a result, and I was forcefully admitted to the local hospital for a whole week. Klopp convinced me; rather, he ordered me to go back home for a moment and come back when I was better.

I was in front of the building, and excitement was building inside of me. I said hello to Paul, the security guard; he still looks the same with his Christmas white beard. I saw Lucia at the receptionist; she instantly smiled when she saw me and waved at me to come closer. 

“Sophie! It’s lovely to see you again. How have you been?”

“I’m good and happy to be back; how about you?” I replied, smiling.

Lucia couldn’t even respond; we just heard Trent scream out my name and run towards me at full speed. I like the guy, but his hug could have unalive me on the spot. 

“Sophie, since when are you here?”.
“You should have told me; I would have come to pick you up.”. 

“It’s okay, Trent; I just got here this morning.”.
“It’s good to see you; I’ve missed you." I squeeze him.
"So, Arnold, what did I miss?” I asked while walking to the dining area.

“A lot; there’s a new player, actually,"  he said.

“Really, I didn’t see any articles or press conferences.”.

“It’s not official yet, but the deal is already confirmed; maybe they will announce it publicly in a few days.”. 

“What's his name?”

“Oh! Look who's back!” said Virg.

“Sophie!” screamed Curtis.

“Where’s my gift?demanded Konate.

“I’m back, and my suitcase is full of gifts.”

All of them were really happy to see me again; it made my heart warm. These guys are really kindhearted; it might sound cliche, but as they said in Liverpool, “You never walk alone." After endless hugs from all the players, I opened my suitcase. I swear, if you could see their faces, they were beaming with happiness.
The first time I got to LFC, I brought everyone gifts from my country; it was like a sort of pickle made with either mango, olive, or other things. And now, each and every time I come back from home, all of them insist on the same gift. I’m glad they appreciate a bit of my culture. 

The dining area feels like a battlefield. This seems surreal. I just got here this morning, and now I’m trying my best to hand pickles to a bunch of starving grown men. Luckily, Lucia called for me.

“Sophie, the boss is calling for you.”.

“Where is he?”.

“He’s in the office.”.

I left the dining area immediately, and  I heard Trent screamed.

“See you later.”.

I wink at him playfully. There was someone near him but I was only able to see a mop of fluffy hair while making my way to Klopp. It must be the new player.