Chapter 7

Back to work after a lazy weekend. I spend most of my time sleeping and watching TV. I did receive messages from some of the boys, but I wasn’t feeling like talking to anyone. I wouldn't be able to ignore them forever, especially Trent, who had been spamming me nonstop. I knew he was going to come straight to my office the moment he stepped into the training center. I decided to use this spare time to relax.

Fortunately, today wasn’t busy, so I could get home earlier after visiting the doctor in the afternoon. There were no sessions planned, no meetings either, just me and my laptop. But why was I feeling anxious? I hated feeling this way. I was on the verge of another panic attack when the door burst open.

I inhaled silently, regaining my composure.

“Why have you been ignoring me the whole weekend?” Trent asked, taking a seat facing me.

“I wasn’t ignoring you. I was asleep the whole time or daydreaming?”

“Then why didn’t you tell me anything? I’m lucky Dom told me what happened. Knowing you, I would have been clueless," complained Trent, visibly annoyed. 

“I’m grateful for your concern, but I’m okay. It wasn’t worth worrying about, I swear.”

“You almost died because of this idiot, Sophie.” Trent facepalm.

“I know. Stop talking. I'm embarrassed just thinking about it," I faked a cry.

Trent was seriously judging me with his funny facial expression. 

“Did he at least thank you for saving his life?”

“There's no need to thank me. I didn't do anything. If Mo wasn't there, I wouldn't be talking to you.”

“You're right. Praise to our Egyptian king. But he did come see you, right? Making sure you're okay.”

“I don't need or expect anything from him, Trent. We are not that close to being worried about each other.”

“Sophie, I know yall are not fond of each other, but it's not like something trivial happened.”

“You almost die, and if it wasn't for you, he could have badly injured himself while falling," Trent argued. 

“Hey, look at me. I'm okay. I swear, I'm not mad or anything.”

“You're so kind. I love that about you. But please, I just want to forget about it and move on.”

“You're too stubborn. I quit," said Trent, standing. 

“I better see you later at the dining area. We are eating lunch together, okay?”

“I will have to inspect my overly packed schedule, Sir Arnold," I joke. 

“When God gave out humor, were you absent? Miss Sophie.”

“Ouch. You better get out before this mug gets straight to your pretty face, sir.”

“My pretty face is out,” he said while laughing. 

I'm lucky to have a friend like Trent. He always knows how to make me less anxious. He's such a sweetheart, but sometimes I don't understand a fuck coming out of his mouth. The accent, man. I feel better now after talking to him. It's time to work and get through this day. 

Ring

Ring

Ring

“Hello?”