Chapter 9

Today I won't be able to escape. There was nothing planned, and I wasn't that busy to avoid the gym session with Szobo. This would be our first real session if, of course, nothing gets in the way. I'm in favor of any divine intervention. After the yoga session, I don't have a clue how I should be behaving in his presence. I'm not saying that I'm avoiding him because he makes me feel some type of way. I'm just embarrassed. The dude keeps flirting with me, but I don't have any interest in him.

My reactions could be interpreted in a bad way. I'm just awkward and flustered in these types of situations, and not at all because of him. It could have been another guy. I would still have reacted the same way. But not Trent, obviously; he's my best friend, and not the captain either. That's weird; he's married and a father. Actually none of the other guys. I might have a problem. Shut up, Sophie. It's just because he's a stranger to me; that's it. Now I can relax; it's the only plausible reason.

I need to go out more often for my sanity. I'm not the type of person to go out and party all night long, or even the type to hit on any potential cute boyfriends. I'm just expecting someone to bump into me and maybe fall in love. After what happened last year, I don't want to rush. I know that trusting someone again with my heart will be hard, but sometimes I can't help but feel lonely. How does it feel to be loved and in love? I wonder. It's worse when you're a hopeless romantic.

Buzz Buzz

From Trent 💩 : Game Night at mine tonight with the boys. See you 🕺.

I've missed those nights with the boys; I can't wait. Before we were all friends, the guys used to only play Fifa at Trent's place, then a gambling girl came into their lives. It's more fun when money is involved, trust me. I introduced them to all sorts of card games, and now they are possessed. So once in a while, we would have these game nights, and we would order some food, play, and drink. I mean, most of the time, I'll be the only one drinking; the boys should stay in shape. Then I would be drunk and stay at Trent's, and the next morning we would have the most delicious brunch ever while watching some videos on YouTube. Man, I've missed this routine.

Fuck. Why was the time running like crazy today? It's almost time for the session. I'm totally calm; it's just a silly gym session. I don't have to help him; he's a professional football player, and he should know these things. He did lose consciousness last time, so maybe I should be a bit worried.

I have an idea. I still have the sports gear from yesterday with me. I could exercise too, so we could do our own thing without having to interact with each other. I'm a genius. I might not be a gym girl, but it should be easy, right? I can run, do squats, or something. I've got this. Way to go, Sophie.

I changed into my sports gear and went straight to the gym. To my surprise, Szobo wasn't alone. Some of the guys were there. Double the fun.

"Look who's here, Domi. Your favorite yoga partner." jokes Ibou.

My apologies; it's not fun at all.

I rolled my eyes at our joker and went straight to Trent. Our number 8 wasn't impressed either by his teammates' jokes; he didn't even acknowledge my presence, and he was busy with some push-ups.

"Why are you so bad at communicating? Are you not coming tonight?" asks Trent.

"Sorry, I replied to you in my head, if that makes sense. Of course, I'm never missing any chance to steal money from you."

"We will see." Trent challenged me.

"What are you guys still doing here? I thought y'all would be done by this hour."