Chapter 6

Another day, another load of problems. Today was the first day of training with Sobo. We were to meet at the gym by 14:30, but considering the amount of work I've got to deal with, we might as well report the session. Our usual technician would not be available for a moment due to personal issues, so now I have to look for another contact. We can’t afford to have defective equipment for an excessive amount of time. We have only two possible outcomes: 1. We look for someone else to repair them at the earliest, or 2. We purchase new ones. A meeting is required for these types of decisions; I should arrange for one immediately.

I glanced at the clock; it was past 14:30. I’m surprised Sobo didn’t barge into my office while nagging about being punctual. In fact, his absence benefits me; I don’t have to force myself to assist his stupid ass. I don’t understand Klopp’s decision. How would our relationship improve by having me assist him during his exercises? 

Anyway, there's more important stuff to focus on. I made a call to the financial managers, requesting an immediate meeting. Luckily, they could take some time off their schedule at around 15:00. 

At this moment, Klopp should be in a press conference according to his schedule. I can't disturb him, so I will leave him a message. 

After some minutes, I received a text message back. 

From Boss : The conference will end in a few minutes. Meet you in the committee room. 

To Boss: Got it. 

It's almost 15:00. I made my way to the meeting area with a bunch of papers in hand. I wonder if he's still at the gym or somewhere else. I'm glad Virg didn't look for me; that would have been an issue. I can't say no to him; even if I did, he would have grabbed me like a baguette, taking me straight to the gym. 

I got to the committee room first; the others must be on their way. I took advantage of the precious time and laid down the documents needed. Soon enough, everyone arrives, and we begin. 

30 minutes into the meeting, the managers were still discussing. Some pointed out that it was an unnecessary purchase and that money could be more useful for other expenditures, while others were more concerned about our players' performance being deprived of equipment. 

This meeting is going to be longer than I thought. I lean back on my chair, redirecting my focus on the matter at hand, when the boss nudges me. 

“Weren't you supposed to be at the gym with Dominik right now?” He asked quietly. 

"Yes, but I had to deal with this issue and the meeting," I whispered. 

“You go. We will continue with the meeting.”

“Are you sure? I can always reschedule the session with him.”

“No. Don't worry, we will handle this. Now go.” He waved his hand. 

I got out of the room unwillingly; I was hoping to use this meeting as an excuse. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he isn't still at the gym. It's late. I could walk by just for the sake of trying, no?. 

I couldn’t see him from the outside. I walked quietly to the main entrance, hoping to be alone. Then I saw him on the ground, completely drenched in sweat and breathing rapidly. I silently backed out, praying he didn’t see me. I successfully got near the exit when I heard his voice.

“Look at you! Trying to escape even though you didn't show up in the first place,” he said with annoyance.

I retreat back to the room, getting closer to him.

“I’m sorry for having an actual job. You can’t expect me to babysit you while I have other responsibilities," I said, my hands crossing.

“Nobody asks you to babysit me. If you can’t take your task seriously, you should have told your boss about your lack of professionalism,” he replied angrily.