Chapter 2

I ran up the stairs to the boss’s office. I brought a special gift for him: my favorite rum. I hope he likes it. I knocked on the door gently and immediately heard a soft voice.

“Come in”

“How is my favorite boss doing?”

“Sofia, it’s good to see you,"  Klopp said, giving me a hug.

“I’m happy to see you too; I’ve missed your hugs.”.

“Look! I came back with a surprise. I got you rum.”.

“Look at you, always encouraging me to get drunk.”.

“You know I have a love for alcohol.”.

“To this day, I still wonder how a small person can have this much alcohol inside of them,"  Klopp said with a funny face.

“You know it's in my genes; I came from an island after all.”.

“There’s a name for this; it’s alcoholic,"  he said jokingly.

I knew the real talk was coming when he got back behind his desk. 

His entire demeanor changed in swift motion. 

“Are you okay? How have you been?”

“I know you are worried about me; I understand. A lot of shit happened all at once, and I was lost.”. 

“I'm sorry; my personal life should not interfere with my job. I should have done better and put more focus into my job, but I promise you, I'm okay now.”

“I will work hard and do my very best to not disappoint you.”. 

I was really ashamed of myself. Feeling like an embarrassed little kid trying to seem brave. I don't want to fail this man; he believes in me like no one else. 

Klopp leans back on his chair, crossing his hands, and I knew from the moment his eyes softened that it would be okay. 

“Sofia, what the hell are you talking about?”

“I never was disappointed in you, you are an incredible element for our club. I'm more than proud to have you with us; never doubt about that.”.

“You were in a tough situation; it was the right decision to take a break; you deserve it, and now you are back like the brave little girl that you are.”. 

“Don't worry, and take your time.”

“Are you kidding? I don't need any more time; I'm ready and more motivated than ever to work again.”.

“I miss this club more than you, though.”. 

“I'm sure you did, kid; that's the spirit; our Sofia is back.”. 

How could you not love this man? 

“Boss, thank you.”. 

“Get lost now; I have a lot to do,"  he said, smiling. 

I got out of his office feeling  relieved , I could now focus on my job with no pressure. I was in my own little world, way too euphoric to notice this individual walking towards me with a green smoothie in hand. 

The inevitable happened: the universe was plotting, and my favorite shirt was ruined that day. 

“Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you.”. 

“Shit, it was my favorite shirt.”. 

“I'm terribly sorry. Can I do something?”

“Are you a wizard?”

“Hmm,no?” he asked dumbly.

“Then you can't do shits”. 

I was really annoyed at this point. Did this dumbass really think he could magically remove this huge green stain like moss? 

What is he doing now? He is really looking at my boobs right now. I was about to put this man in his place when he started to laugh in my face. Now I'm surely kicking his balls. 

When he saw the immense rage in my eyes building up, he choked on his laugh. He should have died on the spot.

“I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you.”. 

“It's your shirt, I think it's pretty funny considering the situation.”. 

“It is what it is, and it's not great.”. 

“It's written on your shirt, funny right? ” he smiled nervously. 

It's not even my first day of work, and he's fucking with my nerves. I take a deep breath to calm down before committing any murder. 

"Oh, by the way, you are a fan, right?”

What?

“I've heard crazy stories about insane fans; they will buy a lot of expensive shits for their idols, but I'm quite surprised; I've never heard any fans give their idols pickles.”. 

"Honestly, I think it's kind of weird, not gonna lie.”. 

What the fuck is he talking about? 

“Excuse me? You think I'm a fan?”

I'm so dumbfounded right now that my thoughts can't even be processed. Who the fuck is this man? 

“I wonder how you got through security. They are particularly meticulous here.”. 

“You, son of a bit...“. 

“Oh, I should take this call.”. 

“Hello, yes, I'm having a wonderful day.” He said phone in hand while walking away. 

I'm here, immobile, like this funny emoji. I was in the middle of the hall with probably celery on my shirt, and a guy just randomly chose to end me out of the blue. 

Like he said, what a wonderful day!