Chapter 4

"As much as I hate to admit it, today is an important day. We are publicly announcing the contract with our new recruit.

The media department has a lot on their plate. Between endless shoots, conferences, and posting content online, their workload is hefty.

I was in my office when the phone rang. It was Alex asking me to help with the visual composition. I did refuse at first, not because I didn't want to see someone but because I'm busy. I need to plan Klopp's schedule for the week and review some documents.

"Sophie, please, I need you. It will only take 15 minutes," Alex begged.

"Alex, you are a bad liar.".

"Okay, at least 30 minutes or 1 hour, haha.".

"Goodbye, Alex".

"Wait, wait. I swear the man is a model; I mean, he's photogenic, so it won't take that much time.".

"You put too much trust in people, Alex. He's a professional football player, not some model on Vogue.".

"You can't deny he's handsome, though; I'm sure his fangirls will go crazy over these pictures.".

"Now, you're just boosting his ego. I'm sorry, Alex. I have too much work, and I'm definitely sure it would take at least an hour."

"Sophie! I'm on my knees begging you; we are short-staffed.".

"Give me a good enough reason to ditch my work.".

"You can make fun of our Vogue boy's lack of modeling sense for one hour.".

"Be there in 3 minutes.".

I was hoping to stay far away from this individual, but I was just fooling myself. It's literally impossible; we work together.

"Hi Sophie, thank you for sparing me your precious time; I'm completely lost.".

"Relax; we have done this before. Don't worry".

"Where is our model?"

"He's training; he should be here in a few.".

I was relieved. I will help Alex choose the right colors and assemble any props needed for the scene before he gets here.

After some discussion, we came up with a laid-back/relaxed concept. I suggested Alex use a wooden table and a chair to set up the scene. It's chill but formal at the same time. Now there's only the outfit and the background left to be touched.

"I think it's better if he wears something else than his jersey because they already did a shoot with it.

"Alex, look, I think this shirt is more convenient, and for the background, we can use this dark green curtain.

Alex got a ladder to attach the curtain to the ceiling while I placed the table and the chair correctly in front of our background.

"Why do you hate him?"

"Who?"

"You know who, Sophie," Alex told me teasingly.

"Actually, I don't have anything against him. It's just that I don't like people like him. He's cocky and thinks he's some Greek god that any woman would fall on their knees for. I despise men like him.".

"You just met him. At least give the boy a chance to prove you wrong.".

"I told you, it's not personal. I think deep down I don't really hate him, but there's something troubling me. He reminds me of him.".

"Of Trevor? He was a huge asshole, Sophie. I'm glad he's out of your life. You deserve better, and you shouldn't let that dipshit ruin your experience with other people.".

"I guess you are right, but for now, I think it's better for me to be on my own.".

"So, you did give it some thought, huh?

"What? Oh my god, no. Never, Alex."

"First of all, he's not even my type, and I would never go out with a football player.".

"Why not?".

Fuck, my back was facing Alex. I didn't see him walk in. How long was he here? I'm embarrassed now to look at him, so I'm focusing my whole attention on the shirts laying around the table. I should have left earlier.

"I don't owe you an explanation, but since you are stupid and don't have any sense of work ethic, I will gladly tell you to preserve our club from any unnecessary drama.".

"Listen, you are not allowed to date people at your workplace under any circumstances." I said it sternly.

"Okay? You are no fun. But I mean, why am I not your type?" He said, Getting closer to me.".

This cocky bastard. As I whipped my head towards him, ready to retort, I felt a drop of water on my left eye.

I blink. When did he get so close to me? Another blink, his face is just mere centimeters from me, and a second drop of water fell on my cheek. I rapidly blinked, trying to get out of this trance, wiping away my cheek.

"Oh, sorry about that. I just took a shower." He said it nonchalantly.

He took a step back. Glance at the setup while patting his hair dry with a towel.

"So, are we starting?" he asked, his towel now on

his shoulders.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?".

I couldn't get my eyes off him. Actually, not him, but his hair. I didn't know his hair was quite curly; he's always had it slicked back with tons of gel.

"I know I'm handsome-".

"Your hair is curly-." We said at the same time.

"Huh? Yeah. Do you want me to go grab my gel?".

"No. Leave it. Just dry it off a bit," I said way too urgently.

"Okay, anything you want," he replied, with a smile on his face.

This is ridiculous. Why did I say that?

"Alex, I better get back to work; it's getting late.".

"Wait, stay for a bit. We are starting soon.".

"I'm sorry, but I really need to go.".

"Where are you going? I need you to cheer me upp," said Sobo.

"Back to my office, and I'm not a fan of yours, Sobo.".

"Stop fooling yourself, Sophie.".

I heard him on my way to the corridor. Honestly, apart from the smoothie incident, I think he's quite funny, but I don't trust him. Trent really seems to appreciate his new teammate. It's a good sign because Trent is a great judge of character. Still, I won't let my guard down around him. I don't trust people easily from the start, and I need him to pay back for ruining my clothes.