Chapter 7 ~Training

Chapter 7

Natsu, Lucy, Happy, and I just got back to my new room in the Fairy Hills Girls Dorm, and we put in the furniture! I got a bed, that has a white duvet with green stripes. I bought orange striped pillows to go with it! I have a purple moon chair with green and orange cushions. I got three bean bag chairs, one is lime green, one is orange, and one is purple! I got a white dresser, and an end table! There are purple curtains, and I just absolutely love it here! Natsu did most of the lifting, but Lucy got Taurus to help him. We helped too, but we let Natsu do most of it.

"Yay! Thanks so much guys!" I smile as I hop onto my bed.

"No problem!" Natsu says, sitting in my chair.

"Yeah! It was fun." Lucy smiles. Natsu turns to me.

"Hey Elise?"

"Yes?" I turn to him as well.

"What were those spells you were using during the job earlier?" He asks.

"I-I don't really know.. I was never trained, I just knew how to do it." I shrug.

"I know what it is! It's Fire Dragon Slayer Magic." Natsu grins from ear to ear.

"Natsu, that's impossible. I wasn't taught by Igneel, and I think I'd remember being infused with a fire Lacrima." I state.

"Well maybe there's no way to explain it, but I know Fire Dragon Slayer Magic, and your magic is it." Natsu stands up proudly.

"B-but that's i-" I start but Natsu stops me.

"It's possible, because you're it!" I look at him for a second thinking. It is impossible, but if Natsu is right, how did it happen? There are only two ways to become a Dragon Slayer. Being taught by a dragon, or being infused with a Lacrima.

"Say I am one. How did that happen?" I ask.

"It's magic Elise." Natsu laughs. He's right. We live in a world full of magic, so there will always be unexplainable things like this.

"Okay.." All I can say is that. I don't know what else to say. I'm a Dragon Slayer? Just then there's a knock at my door. I walk over, and when I open it I'm faced with Levy.

"Hey Levy!" I smile.

"Hey. I like what you did with the place." Levy says, looking around.

"Thanks." I laugh.

"Levy guess what!" Natsu exclaims, jumping up.

"What?"

"Elise is a Dragon Slayer!" He shouts.

"What? Really? What kind?" Levy asks.

"Fire." Natsu, Lucy, and Happy say.

"But how is that possible? I thought you said you weren't taught by Igneel or infused with a Lacrima." Levy gives me a questioning look.

"I did, and I wasn't but Natsu says its just magic. I'm still not totally sure." I explain.

"Well I'm sure that you are!" Natsu says.

"Alright." I laugh.

"How good is your magic anyway?" Natsu asks.

"I don't know, I haven't really used it much." I shrug.

"You know what you need then?" Levy asks.

"Training." Natsu exclaims.

***

Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Levy, and I have traveled to a field close to the Girls Dorm, and Natsu is ready for training.

"Ready Elise!?" Natsu asks from across the field.

"Ready for what exactly?" I ask.

"You know the breath attack you did during the job?" Natsu asks.

"Um... Yeah." I say.

"Do that! It's Fire Dragon's Roar!" Natsu yells.

"O-okay." I shrug. "Fire Dragon's Roar!" I exclaim, taking a deep breath, and using all the strength I can to attack. Natsu puts his arms up, and blocks the attack. I'm shocked at how little my attack did. Well I was, until Natsu fell backwards and landed on his back. I run over to him to see if he's okay.

"Natsu!? Are you alright?" I kneel down next to him. His eyes are opened, and he just looks surprised.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you sure you haven't used your magic a lot? That was strong!" Natsu smiles. I just stare at him shocked. Strong? Is my magic actually power full?

"R-really?" I whisper. Natsu sits up and nods, smiling. Lucy runs over smiling, with Levy, and Happy coming up behind her.

"Good job Elise!" They exclaim.

"Thanks!" I smile.

"Let's try something else!" Natsu jumps to his feet smiling.

"Okay!" I exclaim.

***

Natsu and I just finished training! He taught me a couple more spells like Fire Dragon's Claw, Fire Dragon's Iron Fist, Fire Dragon's Sword Horn, Fire Dragon's Wing Attack, Fire Dragon's Flame Elbow, Fire Dragon's Crushing Fang. I'm not that great, but I'm still learning. Also, turns out that during my first job I did Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame! Anyway, training was great! I'm not as weak as I first thought either. It's all thanks to the training though. Now Levy and I are walking back to the dorms, as it's getting pretty dark.

''You did awesome today Elise.'' Levy smiles.

''Thanks Levy! It's thanks to the training.'' I smile back.

''It's not just the training! You're strong.'' Levy says.

''Think so? I don't know, the training did the most.'' I laugh.

''It helped, but you are strong. Training isn't everything.'' Levy says.

''Maybe you're right.'' I say. The dorm is just ahead of us now.

''I am.'' Levy says as she walks up to the dorm, opening the door.

''Alright.'' I laugh. ''So speaking of training, how did yours go with Gajeel?'' I wink.

''It was fine, why did you wink?!'' Levy exclaims.

''I can tell that you like him.'' I laugh.

''I do not! You and Lucy are crazy Elise.'' Levy exclaims, blushing.

''But are we so crazy Levy?'' I ask, smiling.

''Yes.'' Levy looks away from me, blushing still. We walk up the stairs, and Levy walks towards her room.

''Bye Elise.'' Levy laughs before walking inside and closing her door. I walk next door to my room, and get ready to sleep. Training with Natsu is exhausting. I throw on some pajamas, brush my teeth, put my hair in a bun, and hop into bed. I wonder what tomorrow will bring me? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.