Chapter 8 ~Water Vs. Fire

Chapter 8

I woke up early this morning, but that means I get to leave for Fairy Tail sooner! I hop out if bed, and do all the stuff I do to get ready like put on clothes, brush my teeth, brush my hair, eat, and stuff, and then step into the hall. I walk all the way to Fairy Tail, and when I get there I walk towards the door, but it opens before I can get to it. Juvia steps outside.

"Hi Juvia!" I wave as I walk closer.

"Elise." Juvia stares at me, and it's kinda freaking me out.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I still want to fight you." Juvia says.

"What? Why?" I ask, shocked.

"Even though Gray-sama dosen't like you, you're still my competition." She shrugs.

"How am I your competition? You heard Gray. H-he dosen't like me, and I don't like him." I exclaim.

"Elise, quit putting off the inevitable. Let's fight!" She says. Juvia grabs my wrist, pulling me a bit farther away from the guild, though not too far. I stop so she can't pull me anymore.

"Juvia, I'm not gonna fight you!" I stand firmly.

"Why not?" She asks, confused.

"Why should we?" I  ask.

"Because we must! Water Slicer!" I dodge the water just in time, as the attack smashes through a sign behind me. Good thing Natsu and I trained yesterday.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" I exclaim. The spell knocks her backwards, but she stands up quickly.

"Water Beam!" Juvia shouts, and a beam of water flies at me. It hits me, and I fly backwards. I cry out as the water was boiling hot! After I stand up, I prepare to use another spell.

"Fire Dragon's Flame Elbow!" Fire shoots from my elbows, but before I can get her, Juvia calls out another spell.

"Water Lock!" Nothing happens for a second, but then I'm surrounded by a sphere of water. I hold my breath, but I quickly run out of air. Water enters my mouth and nose, leading into my lungs. My vision blurs, and I can hardly hear anything. I kick, punch, and flail around trying to get out, but it's no use.

"Juvia!" Two quiet voices shout, sounding mad. I can't see who it is, nor can I make out their voices. Suddenly the orb of water freezes, and I get scared for a second, but then the ice breaks, and I land on the ground coughing, and sputtering.

"Elise!" Natsu, and Gray run over, and kneel down next to me.

"H-" I start to greet them, but I just start coughing again. Gray puts his hand on my back, and Natsu puts his on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Natsu asks. I cough a bit more, but then when I'm done I answer.

"Yeah guys, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I smile reassuringly. Natsu helps me up.

"What happened?" Natsu and Gray exclaim.

"Nothing, it's fine." I say, but they don't buy it. They both turn to face Juvia.

"Juvia!" Gray starts.

"Why did you do that?" Natsu exclaims.

"I.. W-we we're just fighting." Juvia says, blushing.

"You could've killed her!" Natsu exclaims. Gray looks at Juvia angrily, and Juvia looks down sadly.

"Natsu, Gray! It's fine. She wouldn've actually killed me! Please, calm down." I don't want them to be yelling at her. It's no big deal. Why are they being so hard on her?